4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2013 9:48 PM by Moiselle

Promo Question: GOUNLI30

markkt

Hi,

I am excited about Globe's innovative GOUNLI30 promo. However, I have a question.. how do you exactly connect to these services without turning data on?

If I remember correctly, you need data services in order for you to access the seven apps ( Viber, Line, WeChat, KakaoTalk, WhatsApp, GMessage, and FB Messenger).

And if turning data on is the case, then wouldn't I be charged for the other apps who are trying to connect to the internet as well? As we all know, even the system itself (i.e., android) connects to different app servers once it detects that you have mobile data on and is connected to the internet.

So how do I exactly use the gounli30 without inccuring extra charges for the other apps who try to connect to other services while my data is turned on?

I mean there are apps which can control network traffic going out of your mobile phone, but what about the users who have no idea on how to control these things?

Could anyone please help me shed some light on this?

Other than that, this is a very innovative promo.

Thank you.

• Re: Promo Question: GOUNLI30
          TERQZ

markkt wrote:

Hi,

I am excited about Globe's innovative GOUNLI30 promo. However, I have a question.. How do you exactly connect to these services without turning data on?

If I remember correctly, you need data services in order for you to access the seven apps ( Viber, Line, WeChat, KakaoTalk, WhatsApp, GMessage, and FB Messenger).

And if turning data on is the case, then wouldn't I be charged for the other apps who are trying to connect to the internet as well? As we all know, even the system itself (i.e., android) connects to different app servers once it detects that you have mobile data on and is connected to the internet.

So how do I exactly use the gounli30 without inccuring extra charges for the other apps who try to connect to other services while my data is turned on?

I mean there are apps which can control network traffic going out of your mobile phone, but what about the users who have no idea on how to control these things?

Could anyone please help me shed some light on this?

Other than that, this is a very innovative promo.

Thank you.

Hi @markkt ,

Thank you for inquiring about this. 

Yes you'll need to activate the data access for you to able to connect/use the messenger services/applications.

This will be the users initiative to disable all the other applications that automatically connects to the internet. And to disable all the auto update features of the phone or application. Turn off location services as well to avoid other charges using this said promo. 

and besides since this will be a prepaid promo most of the prepaid subscribers using smartphones that don't have any unlimited subscriptions for data are fully conscious for internet connectivity and its charges. :smileyhappy:

Hope this helps,

:smileyhappy:

ios
            Good write up marktt. This is actually the trick for snowmobile company to earn money. It's partly called stealing
              jes

Basically that's their trick. Unfortunately, our regulators are not that strict yet. Hopefully, they can input a mechanism wherein it will ask you if an app will connect to an external site not included in the promo (just like what they did with Facebook Free)

Moiselle

I wonder if all unlimited chat applications is also applicable for blackberry prepaid subscribers. It dosn't seem to work for me. :smileysad: