6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2013 9:46 AM by rieyu

Postpaid Contract Inquiry

rieyu

I'm not entirely sure where I should post this inquiry. I was thinking of placing this under the Loyalty/Recontracting offers but, I didn't want to recontract.

My contract is about to end for Globe. I was wondering if it was possible for me to change my plan but not recontract? I'm not intending on getting a new handset anyway so I just want my plan changed. Is it possible?

Thank you for reading and I would really appreciate your response/s.

• Re: Postpaid Contract Inquiry
          GIBO
          Yes, it is possible to change the plan. By the end of the day, it is still your choice to extend the contract or get a new phone.

Please call 211 or Tweet @talk2Globe for modification of your subscription.
              rieyu
              Thanks for the quick response, @GIBO.

That's my main concern; I just wanted to know if I can change my plan but not extend my contract further.

I tried Twitter. It didn't work out so well for me.

Thanks again!
                ChitoReyes

@rieyu...  Being a postpaid subscriber you can recontract without having to avail of a gadget but instead avail of bill rebates.

You can enjoy the bill rebates even with your new plan for 24 months and in case you want out you could terminate anytime without getting worried of being charged termination fees unlike if you availed of a gadget.

rieyu
                Oh, I see. I definitely did not know that.

Just to make sure I understood it right: I can still ask for the rebate even if I do change my plan. And there's no contract associated with that option. Was that right?

Thanks, @ChitoReyes!
                    ChitoReyes

Not a lot of people know that @rieyu  because many avail of a gadget for recontracting instead of bell rebates which for me has more practical benefits than a gadget which depereciates over a short period of time.

You can have a change of plan in fact the higher the plan, the bigger the monthly rebate. There is still a contract associated to it but it would be more to your benefit as the contract would state that you would be given bill rebates of Php xxx.xx amount for 24 months. Globe would be silent on termination fees (but may charge you Php 550 for Administration Fee) on this because they won't lose anything if you prefer not to avail of bill rebates on the months remaining in your contract.

A loophole in this scenario is that Globe sometimes changes their bill rebate structure and if you know someone who could tip you on this, the better. This year, Globe gave alomost 30% higher rebates than what they offered a year ago and one can just do the math to see if it is worth terminating their contract made last year to avail of a recontracting with a bigger rebate now for the next 24 months.

There are other loopholes in recontracting and changing of plans even while one is under contract which many even in this community or even those who are new in Globe would say is not possible.

rieyu
                    I see.. So it gets more complicated. But I do appreciate the information you've just shared. I'll ask about it when I call Globe.

Thank you @ChitoReyes!