1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 17, 2013 10:51 AM by GlennO

Can't register to duo international

Freeman
      I've been trying to register duo international through SMS by sending DUOINTL 999 to 8888 and *143# but keeps on receiving a message from globe saying:We are currently undergoing system upgrade and registration to GLOBE DUO INTERNATIONAL via SMS is currently unavailable to postpaid subscribers. In the meantime, you can register by calling 211 and our agent will directly subscribe you to the service. To check status or unsubscribe, you may also do this through our hotline.
      But when I called the hotline, some representatives told me that the service/promo is not available anymore as stated on their website. I told the lady that we were able to do it online using a card(credit/debit) and I can get my virtual US number within two hours so why can't they add it for me?. The lady never had an answer for me so I called some other time and the rep told me he can't add it and getting an error. He promised to call me back but never did so I needed to call the hotline a few more times until I got a certain code from globe. I called again to confirm what that code is and the rep told me that they can't add the service for me. Just to notice on my next bills that they are charging me for the service. It's just ridiculous that some reps don't know what they are talking about and some can't keep their promise. The good thing if it's added by customer care is that I don't have to renew monthly but with having it registered online using a card, it needs to be renewed monthly and we don't always have internet access to all the places we go to.
        • Re: Can't register to duo international

Freeman wrote:
          I've been trying to register duo international through SMS by sending DUOINTL 999 to 8888 and *143# but keeps on receiving a message from globe saying:We are currently undergoing system upgrade and registration to GLOBE DUO INTERNATIONAL via SMS is currently unavailable to postpaid subscribers. In the meantime, you can register by calling 211 and our agent will directly subscribe you to the service. To check status or unsubscribe, you may also do this through our hotline.
          But when I called the hotline, some representatives told me that the service/promo is not available anymore as stated on their website. I told the lady that we were able to do it online using a card(credit/debit) and I can get my virtual US number within two hours so why can't they add it for me?. The lady never had an answer for me so I called some other time and the rep told me he can't add it and getting an error. He promised to call me back but never did so I needed to call the hotline a few more times until I got a certain code from globe. I called again to confirm what that code is and the rep told me that they can't add the service for me. Just to notice on my next bills that they are charging me for the service. It's just ridiculous that some reps don't know what they are talking about and some can't keep their promise. The good thing if it's added by customer care is that I don't have to renew monthly but with having it registered online using a card, it needs to be renewed monthly and we don't always have internet access to all the places we go to.

@Freeman  Hi there! Postpaid subscriptions via SMS (i.e. charged to bill) is not available as of the moment. Subscription online is available - you can register your postpaid number there and it will be charged to your nominated credit card. You may visit http://duous.globe.com.ph and click “Subscribe”, and just follow the instructions.

I have sent you a private message re your account-specific concern.