5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2013 9:40 PM by notevenfollowed

iPhone 5 plan and internet hotspot questions

paskaapina

Hi guys :smileyhappy:

My girlfriends is planning to get iPhone5 with that 4800php downpayment + 1799php/month plan. What can be found from here http://www.globe.com.ph/iphone5-offers

First question: she went to ask about that from Lapu Lapu City Gaisano'sGlobe center and they said the downpayment is actually 7200php not 4800php and that 4800 php down payment is for iPhone 4s. Is that correct or whats going on there?

Second: What is included to that 1799/month? what i know it includes unlimited internet(with that 800mb/daily limit) and some messages and calls, but how much calls and messages and to what network?

Third and most important: Can that unlimited internet connection be shared to laptop via phone? when she asked about that form that Globe Center they said it cannot be shared, but i've red from here and some other places from internet that internet thetering is possible with these post paid plans. So whitch is true?

Thanks

• Re: iPhone 5 plan and internet hotspot questions
          hcescala

1. Im not sure about this, what i know is Plan 1799 for iPhone 5 16GB cashout is 4800, but those will change without prior notice. You need to clarify that with GBC and hotline

2. Plan 1799 under Best Ever Super Plan has 3000+ peso value which you have the honor to create your own combos, like Unli Surf 999.

3. Yes you can share your Phone data to Laptop or any device with WiFi as long as the Hotspot is enable. 

paskaapina

Thanks, but that sounds really weird that price would go up now, cos new iphone is coming to markets. I would assume rather that price would go down not rise.

Second: can you be specific what can be included to that 1799/month? any link?

Third: i need confirmation from someone who is having this same plan and is using internet tethering cos i need to be 100% sure of this.What do you mean by hotspot is enabled? how to enable it? just from phones settings? 

Why sales lady said that it cannot be shared? she doesnt know ?

notevenfollowed
              The 600PV will become 600pesos consumable amount.

Please take note that promo or booster/combo registration is billed on-top of your MSF. Meaning consumable is may be use for regular sms and calls.
                paskaapina

ok, now im balancing between 1799 plan and 999plan. I think 1799 plan is too big for her, lot of from that balance would go waste, but 999plan seems to be a bit too small though.

If she takes that 999/month (1700PV) with 30month contract she can get iPhone5 14900php cashout (600PV) + unli internet (999PV) + 125 text package (100PV). But the 125 texts is probably too small. So the question comes if she runs out of those 125 texts during the month how much will cost additional messages? can she just subcribe new promo from phone and pay that  on next bill? how much calls will cost?

notevenfollowed
                  After those 125 sms runs out, regular sms and call rates apply. Why don't you add boosters that you need to you plan?

Regular call is at 7.50 php / min
                  Sms is at 1 php / sms