3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2013 6:11 PM by RNav

Are you experiencing any trouble re the USB cable of your iphone5 IOS7?

nixie31

I'm an iphone5 user since Dec.24th 2012 from Globe plan. i recently updated my phone into ios7. My charger at first is perfectly fine. Then after 4 days after my upgrade my charger won't work properly! (Mind you, i take care of my gadget so delicately) My cable charger came from the box of my iphone 5 never been replaced. i'm the only one using it.

So I immediately went to globe business center and checked my unit and the cable. it turned out that my cable is not compatible to any ios7 phone. But it is perfectly okay with ios6 iphone. How's that?! They say, ios7 can now detect lower class of cables/charger. How come it will turn out to be lower class of cable when it's just came from the box of an authentic iphone5?! Does apple providing globe a lowered class of units or accessories? Does globe knows about this?! Does globe conduct screening of all phones that are coming under their name? They should atleast checked it before handling it out in the market; and to think the brand "apple" is an established name already. They should provide the best quality of their products. To think that it is not just an ordinary phone. It is a very expensive phone

I inquired it to power mac over the phone and they said that I should address my concern at GLOBE since I got my iphone from Globe. And they made me sure that is still under my warranty and they should replace it. Then I called globe for the first time re my concern, she said it is still covered under my warranty. Just bring 2 valid IDs, she said. But then, I have this habit of calling not twice but more to confirm my info (bcoz I can't just trust a globe agent right away, bcoz some of them are not credible. I'm sorry) So I called once again. For the second time, she said, my cable is not covered of my warranty!!! OMG! That made me burst out! I haven't received any GOOD news from globe!!! Seriously!! It is always delayed, so slow service in business centers, very complicated terms and conditions, slow internet, very hard to please. I cannot tolerate this one.  

Any same experience re my problem in my cable? troubleshoot? Or advice that you can give me. Thank you and have a nice day!

• Re: Are you experiencing any trouble re the USB cable of your iphone5 IOS7?
          RNav

@nixie31   I am not sure why the Globe Business Center thought that your cable was of lower class when it came from the box of your iPhone 5. The standard warranty is 1 year.

I had a similar problem but it was the iPhone 4S charger/adapter that was defective. I got the iPhone 4S last 12/16/2011 and the charger/adapter stopped functioning on 1/14/2012. I brought it to the GBC in Shangri-la, emphasized that I got the unit from the iPhone 4S launch, and the CSR accepted the cable for replacement (it does take a while).

I read in a different online forum that they got their iPhone 5's at about the same month as you and their lightning cables suddenly became defective months after. They were fortunately accepted by Globe and were replaced within about a month's time (since it has to go to Singapore for testing, verification and stuff).

Have it checked at a different business center (Shangri-la or Podium) for a second opinion. I can send you the link of the forum I'm talking about through PM. Print the thread so you can show it to the first GBC who rejected you. :robotwink:

I also suggest that you invest in another lightning cable for back up since not everyone will have an extra to spare in case you forget yours at home or something. :robothappy:

nixie31
            Yes your right. It's good to have a spare charger since im the only one here who have this kind of charger and i only have few friends who owns same charger. You have an idea how much is belkin charger? Should i go to orig cable from power mac or belkin? Im so afraid that globe might reject my claims. They have the tendency of declining claims from their customers. Which is unfair legally speaking. I've just encounter this kind of problem of iphone5 who bought the first batch. I learned that my friend has the same problem with her charger. Thanks for the link u sent to me. :smileyhappy: i just want to seek a "kakampi" with thsi matter. Since i don't know what to do at this moment. :smileysad:
                RNav

nixie31 wrote:
                Yes your right. It's good to have a spare charger since im the only one here who have this kind of charger and i only have few friends who owns same charger. You have an idea how much is belkin charger? Should i go to orig cable from power mac or belkin? Im so afraid that globe might reject my claims. They have the tendency of declining claims from their customers. Which is unfair legally speaking. I've just encounter this kind of problem of iphone5 who bought the first batch. I learned that my friend has the same problem with her charger. Thanks for the link u sent to me. :smileyhappy: i just want to seek a "kakampi" with thsi matter. Since i don't know what to do at this moment. :smileysad:

No worries @nixie31 ! :robothappy:

I'm not familiar with the Belkin charger but it's a well-known brand naman. :smileyhappy:

Game! Assert your right as a Globe subscriber! :robotwink: