8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2013 8:13 AM by philmadrigal

No LTE on an iPad Mini

jprmercado
      Hi there!

It's been a month since I got my iPad Mini from Globe. Though I am very happy with the device and the speedy approval of my application for it, I have never been able to acquire an LTE signal—even in LTE-covered areas such as Katipunan, Kapitolyo, Eastwood and Greenbelt. [3G has been usually reliable, though.]

The SIM card that was provided is clearly marked with "4G LTE", and my conversations with CSRs (either online or via the hotline) confirmed that my SIM is LTE-ready. However, I have received conflicting reports about LTE on a non–iPhone 5 device.

A phone representative told me that LTE is exclusive to iPhone 5 users, but @talk2globe agents said that I should be getting an LTE signal in LTE-covered areas. Who should I believe?

So my question is this: how can I get LTE on my iPad Mini?
        • Re: No LTE on an iPad Mini
          munchkin

jprmercado wrote:
          Hi there!

It's been a month since I got my iPad Mini from Globe. Though I am very happy with the device and the speedy approval of my application for it, I have never been able to acquire an LTE signal—even in LTE-covered areas such as Katipunan, Kapitolyo, Eastwood and Greenbelt. [3G has been usually reliable, though.]

The SIM card that was provided is clearly marked with "4G LTE", and my conversations with CSRs (either online or via the hotline) confirmed that my SIM is LTE-ready. However, I have received conflicting reports about LTE on a non–iPhone 5 device.

A phone representative told me that LTE is exclusive to iPhone 5 users, but @talk2globe agents said that I should be getting an LTE signal in LTE-covered areas. Who should I believe?

So my question is this: how can I get LTE on my iPad Mini?

For mobile, iPhone 5 and a few phones can access LTE. For iPad Mini, you should be able to access LTE. You just have to have your LTE provisioned. @Talk2Globe agents were able to help me with activation. I just gave my details. :smileyhappy:

notevenfollowed
            If you are sure that your sim is LTE ready then, the only thing that your are missing is....

Updated iOS & LTE signal.
                jprmercado
                I'm sure that my SIM is LTE-ready. So it's either my SIM hasn't been activated or LTE just doesn't like me. :/
                    Neil
                    Make sure you have the basic requirements needed. :smileyhappy:

✓ Updated iOS
                    ✓ Carrier version 14.0 and up (Go to Settings > General > About and wait for a prompt for update)
                    ✓ SIM with LTE logo
                    ✓ Have LTE activated on your account.

In your case, it looks like your account is not yet provisioned for LTE despite you having an LTE SIM. Call them now. :smileytongue:
                        philmadrigal
                        Thank you very much for this post i have an unlocked iPhone 5, and had the same problem of not being able to "Enable LTE" in my phone with a Globe sim card. I solved it by updating my carrier version as explained above. However, i still cant get LTE in my location near AIM in Makati, which is just in front of Greenbelt. The Smart LTE signal has better and wider coverage, based on my experience.
                    hcescala

Better call Globe for LTE Activation on your Sim. I requested like 3 weeks ago and  call them from time to tome, but it just activated today. Now my iPad Mini is Showing Globe LTE ^_^. Medyo mabagal at magulo pa ngayon ang Globe habaan mo pasensya mo sa Hotline/Globe Store. Don't just believe on their Hotline CSR i find them incompetent most of the time. PEACE Globe.