11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 2:17 PM by MigueldCannith

Re-Contracting Benefit

Ebudoy06

I have a question poh about the benefits of re-contracting my postpaid plan. It states kasi na ang benefit ko is this" When you apply for re-contracting your number will be retained, you can be qualified to receive bill rebates or a device. "

yung sa BILL REBATES it means ba na if I will choose it they will give me bill rebates at wala ng PHONE? or with new Phone?

at sa device then it means ba na if I will choose it I will get a new device depende kung ano yung mga phone na offer sa plan ko? or rewards talaga yung device plus I can pick a new phone for my new contract?

kasi if like sa bill rebates oo nga babayaran ako kaso if walang phone.... sabagay akin na yung dating phone pero binayaran kunaman yun ng hanggang 24months tapos may new contract nanaman ako para atang walang benefit don.

at sa device naman if I choose new of course cguro mas new na ang phone na makukuha ko na offer sa plan ko tapos yung dati kung phone akin na din pero binayaran ko din naman yun for 24months so parang kumuha lang din ako ng new plan ang pinagkaiba lang yung mga phones latest na kasi nga may new release na mga phones compared to 2years since I started my old plan.... so parang wala din atang benefits if ganun. parang kumuha lang ng bago.... I think the only benefit is my number is still the same.

OR meron pa poh kayo iba alam about this... please share your thoughts naman!

• Re: Re-Contracting Benefit
          ChitoReyes

We have to remember that the concept of loyalty rewards or recontracting benefits were made as a marketing strategy to keep customers stay within the telco. This all started in the late 1990s when several telcos were offering mobile services.

Before that time, the only incentive that a subscriber would get is a so called "free phone" as an inital offering to attract the customer to sign up and in return the subscriber would remain with the company for a period of time (lock in). After that contract, it was assumed that the customer would stay with the company as it would be tedious to change numbers and inform their associates about it. There was no need for offers which would let the customers stay as phone number identity was an honored information which was not ordinarily changed.

The practice however changed as Caller Identification could easily be programmed and a change of number could be informed by the subscriber easily specially with the unlimited SMS at that time thus making a change of number not as tedious as it was. With this, subscribers were able to take advantage of applying new lines with better offers.

This in turn led to the telcos offering Retention or loyalty packages for their customers not to leave. Question now is, would a subscriber still change their subscription plan for another one considering that he could retain his number while getting a unit (or bill rebates) for another lock in contract? or would he just apply for another number?

Yes, one may opt to get a new subscription but the stigma of changing numbers would still be there. At least there are choices now compared to before.

Note: Despite the common practice of loyalty and retention offers, PLDT remains one of the only company which does not offer any retention package... keep it or terminate it.

Note 2: I always prefer a bill rebate rather than a unit for more value over a period of time. Phone depreciates ans generally would just be half of its value or less even over a 2 year period.

jes

I think the only benefit is my number is still the same.

Basically, eto na nga lang ang naging benefit for now. I'm having same questions since I want to get sana the Note 3 via recontract. And what they offer is Php 500+ rebate on bill but without phone, or get a phone but same or higher ata na plan at the same rate sa new contract and get a new phone.

Sabi ng CSR, the only benefit nga lang for this Note 3 is prioritized ang mga current subscribers on getting the unit.. meaning mauuna sila.. Well, I expected more than this.. 

Ebudoy06

tama ka brad... sana meron man lang tayo makuha kahit kunting benefits... lalo na yung mga loyal subscribers... kasi yung father ko may contract na siya na nag end nah... tapos now meron siya 3 active contracts at meron pa kaming internet connection na almost 5 years na. ilang bisis nanga napalitan ang modem nito... hehe... sana naman may pamasko ang globe sa mga loyal subscribers nila at hinde lang yung raffle ng 0917wonderful kasi hinde naman lahat nananalo doon... gaya sana ng HSBC yung sa father ko dati bigyan siya ng Timex na watch kasi outstanding siya.... kami din sa Globe outstanding dn father ko bilis magbayad...haha

wafumet
                Either bill rebate or get a new phone. Pero panibagi lock up na naman. ang alam ko sa bill rebate ay pwede lang yun mga nasa legacy plan nila, un mga luma bago lumabas yun best ever mysuperplan nila. I got a call kanina kasi recontracting na. And they offered me Note 3 which is yun talaga inaabangan ko. Ang cash out for 999×24months ay 19200 while kapag 30 months naman eh 16800. So nag go ako dun sa 24 months.
                    jes

wafumet wrote:
                    Either bill rebate or get a new phone. Pero panibagi lock up na naman. ang alam ko sa bill rebate ay pwede lang yun mga nasa legacy plan nila, un mga luma bago lumabas yun best ever mysuperplan nila. I got a call kanina kasi recontracting na. And they offered me Note 3 which is yun talaga inaabangan ko. Ang cash out for 999×24months ay 19200 while kapag 30 months naman eh 16800. So nag go ako dun sa 24 months.

ano plan mo sir?

ChitoReyes

@wafumet ... Pwede din bill rebates sa "Best Ever"... as long as your re-contracting plan is just the same or an upgrade with your existing "legacy" plan but not a lot of CSRs know that. Additionaly, if you avail of the bill rebates then you cannot get a gadget with your PVs anymore (but you will have more PVs for consumables or combos).

Nagawa ko na ito in 3 of my plans. 

angelmicx
                          @ChitoReyes Pag recontracting po ba you'll still spend you PVs for a phone? Eh di parang hindi sila equal nung Bill Rebates since yung Bill Rebates ay hindi nakakabawas ng PV.

-On the note: Parang New Subs ka rin pala pag phone ang kinuha unlike pag bill rebate, you get your so called "Reward" while retaining the full PV value of your Plan..
                          MigueldCannith

Hello,

Was reading the thread and have to apologize kasi, nalito ako.... ano pinagkaiba/benefit nung loyalty package sa http://beta.globe.com.ph/galaxy-note3 ?

wafumet wrote:

wafumet
                          Bale sir ang computation nun ay kung anu price nun handset na inavail mo then multiply by 24months then divided by remaing months plus admin fee na 550 po. Regarding sa best ever mysuperplan available naman yun plan 499, ikaw po mamimili ng handset.
                            wafumet
                            @ChitoReyes
                            Tama po kayo lahat bg nakausap ko before di alam yun bill rebates sa best ever. Ang lagi po sinasabi eh sa legacy plan lang daw applicable yun. Kaya ang ginawa ko nag change nalang ako ng from legacy to best ever. Yun isa ko legacy plan. out of contract na pero tuloy ko pa din kesa mag avail ako ng bill rebates.