Here are some basic troubleshooting tips to fix or at least find out what is causing your problem/s:
- Try to walk around and see if it improves. If you are indoor, move to an open area with a clear view of the outside (or go outside).
- Restart your phone (for smart phones, turn airplane mode on and off).
- Turn your phone off and remove the sim. Clean the sim contacts (metal part) with a pencil eraser and re-insert into the phone.
- Insert your sim into another phone and see if it works. If it does, your phone could be the problem. If it doesn't, your sim could be the problem.
- Insert another sim into your phone and see if it works. If it does, your sim could be the problem. If it doesn't, your phone could be the problem.
- For smart phones, try to restart your phone. If the error persists, it could be a software you recently installed. If rooted, it could be a system file you messed with. In either case, restoring the phone to factory is the easiest solution.
- For non smart phones, if a phone restart does not solve your problem, then it is likely due to memory/hardware. Try to erase some messages and see if that helps (phone is too "full").
- Check the charger. It might be broken.
- Check the charging port for dirt.
- If charging but too slow, check the rating of your charger. Larger devices such as tablets or phablets need high Amp chargers. I suggest a minimum of 2 Amps.
- If the phone gets too how, check if you have the correct charger. It is not recommended to use third party/cheap chargers on your device.