12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2013 7:01 AM by ChitoReyes

Recontract via hotline only?

blu4

Quick question, why are recontracting customers entertained only via hotline (211)? Why can't we just walked in? I've come across 2 Globe Business Centers that they only do recontracting transactions thru 211.

• Re: Recontract via hotline only?
          legallycool
          Part of their new system, apparently. Or as everyone who works in Globe would say, "Ganun na po talaga e."
            glennong

What was the scenario in the Store then - was there a long line? Did the guards shoo you away from the entrance?

hcescala

You should try to call 211 first, I think Store will not do recontracting due to Loyalty Rewards which is can be done only through Hotline. I did my reactivation at Globe Store. I regret of doing it at Ali Mall they are kinda tamad at slow. Much better if at Eastwood City since I get my plan there.

blu4 wrote:

Quick question, why are recontracting customers entertained only via hotline (211)? Why can't we just walked in? I've come across 2 Globe Business Centers that they only do recontracting transactions thru 211.

Hey blu4! May I know which stores are you referring to? Thanks!

blu4
                  Hi GlennO! That's GBC at SM north Edsa annex and at tower one - exchange center. :smileyhappy:
                    ladelosreyes
                    Base on my experience I called the hotline first at around 9am and while waiting for the reference # she advise me that she is having a system issue so i let go of the consultant after a few hrs while on my way to work I got SMS with ref# called 211 to ask what's that for. The consultant advise me it's for recontracting. After my work around 8pm I went to Globe store Sm Fairview when guard ask me I just told him I'll do a pick up :smileywink: when a rep attend to be I did ask him if I can process my recontract and present him the reference number and from there he process everything and luckily there is a stock of white iPhone 5 so I was able to get the unit and pay everything at the same time. From 5 working days to 1?! Not bad i guess :smileytongue:
                      neilph

I don't think recontracting can be done only via hotline.  GBCs could do it anytime.  But when you are advised to call the Loyalty hotline, it is only to determine the following:  your remaining lock-in period, if any, and the amount you have to pay as pre-termination.  After that, CSR will give you reference number.

It might be an exception because of the iPhone 5c/5s launch, but in my case, I did not have any reference number for recontracting.  I just called Loyalty hotline and asked for fees I have to pay for pre-termination of existing contract.  I then paid and went to a GBC.  You just have to present your receipt of payment of payoff fee and GBC can do the rest for you.

iahne05

Recontracting can be done via Globe stores but they usually asks subscribers to call the hotline. Reason? They don't have stock or they are avoiding the long process of recontracting due to lots of customers are visiting the store. So for any recontracting request, better call the retention hotline, 02730-1300 from 8am-10pm. Turn around time for handset delivery was already change.  For NCR, if it was processed before 4pm, delivery is the ff working day, beyond 4pm-2 working days, for provincial maximum of 7 working days (depends on the location).

"Patience is a virtue"

:smileyhappy: 

AdmiralKilos

Actually recontracting should be done in hotline via the Loyalty Hotline (02-7301300) because the handsets that are available in stores are for new line application and prepaid kits. If the store has a spare stock, then they can accomodate your request. By the way, you can also request for store pick up instead of delivery of handset if you will be recontracting your account..

ChitoReyes

I've heard that the "Grand Plan" is for Globe Business Centers (GBC) would only cater to new subscriptions and payments only and nothing else. All cusotmer concerns would eventually be handled by hotline, chat and online.

This may work if Globe is efficient in addressing concerns and their system and personel are ready to handle such but if the present system is a guage of things to come, then it would cause more trouble and delays for the months and even years to come.