1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 6, 2013 11:50 PM by notevenfollowed

A couple of questions and concerns about 3Mbps plan

demzo

Okay, first of all, I have been a loyal Globe subscriber for nearly 4 years now using the 1Mbps plan. a few days ago I went to globe, because I saw one of their brochures that had the 3Mbps plan on it and I was like "okay this is a pretty sweet deal" and decided to take it. Now, here's the problem, the brochure DID NOT, IN ANY WAY, state that this plan had A 7Gb data cap. and I also asked the new accounts employee when I went to globe if "this plan was consumable" and she clearly said NO. I wouldn't have gone for globe if I had known this (maybe that is why they don't tell us?) because I saw a lot of good deals from other ISPs and I would have opted to go to another ISP had I known about the data cap. now, this question is for all the high-ranking globe officials that decided to implement the data cap: DO YOU KNOW HOW F*CKING SMALL 7GB IS? I mean seriously? a 15Gb cap would be more reasonable on a 3mbps 999 plan. There are five of us at home who use the net frequently, and from what I have observed, the moment we wake up (around 10am) on a weekend, it only takes us 4-5 hours to deplete 7 f*cking gigs.

Now my mom said that we would let our lawyer take a look at this matter since we didn't know about the 7gig cap even though I asked a globe employee about it. We're not going to sue for our money back or anything, we're only aiming to void the 24-month locked contract so we can go for another ISP without hidden bullshit. What do you guys think? Is it our fault? or is it Globe's fault for lying about the data cap? does globe offer any kind of additional charges if we want to take off the data cap? or atleast add a couple of gigs?

anyway, because I made a long post I'm gonna enumerate my main points:
      >will we be able to void the contract?
      >if not, does globe offer any kind of boosters or upgrades that add more to our data cap? because I hear they have boosters for speed during the day or night or whatever. they should have one for data cap.
      >finally, and I hope some of Globe's officers read this, PLEASE RECONSIDER YOUR DATA CAP. IT'S TOO LOW. 7-10GIG IS GARBAGE NOWADAYS SPECIALLY IF A FAMILY IS USING ONE CONNECTION.