5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2013 11:57 PM by Yarrie

BB z10

Yarrie
      Hi,

May I know if anyone experience having to charge their phones more than twice in a day with z10? All the apps that eats up battery juice are turned off. So it's a text and BBM all the time and a some browsing with email for 15 minutes. However, I am left with a below 10% battery charge. Is my battery defective or my device itself? I got my phone last June 26, 2013. Will Globe replace this? (which I think they should) or will I be charged as what any companies here in the Philippines do?
        • Re: BB z10
          TERQZ

Hi @Yarrie ,

Welcome to Globe Community. We are here to help you. :smileyhappy:

May I ask if the phone network mode is selected with LTE connection. Since the phone is LTE capable you may want to select only 2G and 3G on the network mode if you are not using the data connections for browsing. Since the phone will search and connect to 4G/LTE connection and that will burn your battery jiuce fast. 

For the handset repair inquiry, Since the phone is still w/in 1 year warranty any repair will be covered by the warranty. :smileyhappy: For the replacement of device, That I cannot tell. :smileyhappy:

Yarrie
            Hi TERQZ,
            Thanks for replying to my post. Yes, it is within the 2G 3G mode. I made sure I am not wasting any charge so I am wondering why I need to charge my phone more than 2 to 3 times in a day. So, it's no longer a mobile phone as I can't use it whenever I will be out for longer periods.

I just hope that when I visit the nearest Business Center I will not be given a run around and vague answers to my problem as what I experienced in the past. I'm okay with repair as I know replacement of purchased items here is not a practice.

Thank you very much. I appreciate it.
                TERQZ
                Since it has a removable battery I advise you to isolate it first if you do have a friend that has a Z10 as well mind if you swap batteries to check.. :smileyhappy:
                gyver
                Hi YARRIE,

Can i ask a question? How can you use your bbm if you are just using 3g /2g? is it that when using blackberry 10 devices it uses internet connection to be able to use the bbm? And also BTW try logging off all your social networking application not just closing the because as far as i know even if you closed your apps it is still open in the blackberry hub. Thats why maybe it eats all your battery. Hope this helps. Hoping to ask you many more questions about blackberry 10. Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:
                  Yarrie
                  Gyver,

I can use my BBM even on 2G 3G mode. I am connected to net as I have an unlisurf subscription. I only have FB and one email that is sync to my device and it is updated every 4 hours. So that shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise, my device loses its purpose as what it should be as a phone. I can assure you that it's not only closed but all apps that will eat up my battery are not active apps. I am certain about that as I have searched and applied all battery conservation tips. But I am left wondering why I have to charge more than the usual time unlike other z10 users. Though I read in some blogs that my problem is not unusual as I learned there are complains the same as mine. Unluckily for me, my device will not be replaced ( as what in that blog had as a solution to their problem)