3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2013 8:36 AM by ChitoReyes

how to follow-up postpaid application

joanalvaran

My mom applied for a postpaid plan last Sept 8 and on the same day, passed the necessary requirements, too. the rep who collected the requirements and assisted us said we will receive a call within 5 days as part of the process. 2 weeks passed when someone finally called however, my mom wasnt home because we had to bring my dad at the hospital. the rep who called spoke to my daughter and my daughter gave another number to call as my mom also has with her a mobile landline. we werent able to speak to anyone so we thought they will call again the next day, which was Friday, but no one called. I followed it up the following monday by calling the sales team and was told the matter will be taken care of within 24-48 hrs and before ending the call, i was provided with a reference number. no one called within and after the said time frame so I called again that weeks friday and was told that a rep will be calling the next day (saturday) around 2pm. was told that she will send an email to the dept that handles the applications. no one called. i let it pass for another week and then came sunday that week, someone called but my mom's not home (again) because she's at the market. my parents are meat vendors so i requested the rep to please call at around 2 pm and he said he'll call at 2:30pm that day. guess what happened?

so i called the sales team, tuesday, and discussed our frustration. the rep on the phone was apologetic (of course) and said she will, yet again, follow up on it and gave me another reference number and mentioned the unreliable 24-48 hrs TAT.

I hope someone can shed light on this... it has been more than a month since we applied. although we were already warned about how frustrating it is to apply for a postpaid line with globe, we didnt know it is THIS frustrating. had they followed their 24-48 turn around time, they couldve spoken to my mom. please, help.

• Re: how to follow-up postpaid application
          ChitoReyes

Hi @joanalvaran ... I understand your frustration and I suggest that you  read http://community.globe.com.ph/t5/General-Discussion/What-CUSTOMERS-CAN-DO-to-experience-Better-Customer-Service/m-p/11840#M449 to have a better grasp of reality with dealing with Globe.

Nevertheless, if you are still decided about your plan, then the trick here is to get hold of the person and his number handling your application. Perhaps you can start with the "rep" to whom you submitted your requirements... if he does not want to give the number of the person handling your application then just tell him that you may have to bug him until you have feedback as it has been more than a month since commitments were given which were not followed by Globe.

This is the only way to do it and to be fair, many of them will have the conscience to uphold customer satisfaction to make up for others delaying the process, the limitations of the system or merely the overwhelming applications that the company receives.  

joanalvaran
            hi Chito! i appreciate your time and i totally understand your point as i have been a customer service rep for a telcompany and i do know that these people on the phones really cnt do anything bec they are tied to their SOPs. i was truly patient with julie, anne and ryan and even mentioned to them that i know what's happening. all i wanted as well is the name and the contact number (if there's any) of the person handling our application but they refuse to give me any. i am truly tempted to go back to the store where we filed our application but working in a BPO, i find it difficult to find time, asap. i will give them a week more an if nothing has been done, i will talk to my mom about it an maybe we can check other options. again, thanks very much! :smileyhappy:
                ChitoReyes

Anytime @joanalvaran ... it was already suggested during the last meeting with Globe's Customer Experience group that status of an application be made available online just to keep the applicants abreast with what's going on.

Some kind of transparancy may determine the efficiency of those doing the verification and the effectivity of the requirements submitted by the applicant.

Good luck.