3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2013 8:22 PM by ChitoReyes

Question about Credit Limit

nyrnyr
      I've signed up at Globe's website for me to be able to view my account information and unbilled charges.

I am subscribed to Plan 1799. But it is indicated there that my Credit Limit is Php 1796. I just want to know does this means that I wouldn't be able to use more of Globe's services that require consumables after I reached this amount? If yes then great. If no, how can I do that so I can avoid extra charges without worrying and monitoring too much.
        • Re: Question about Credit Limit
          ChitoReyes

The issue of Credit Limit and its repercussions to the subscriber has been discussed in this community over and over again and you may want to do a search for further reference. In the terms and conditions we have signed with Globe (during application), the following are stated:

ARTICLE 3 CREDIT LIMIT

3.1. You will be assigned a credit limit which specifies the maximum recurring charges which you may subscribe to. 

3.2. We reserve the sole right to review the criteria for the increase/decrease of your credit limit and approve or disapprove any such request subject to existing terms and conditions. We may also proactively increase your credit limit and notify you thereof. If you do not concur to your new credit limit, you have to inform us thereof within the specified period as indicated on the notification. Failure on your part to do the same shall be deemed as acceptance of the new credit limit. 

What does the above mean? Simply that Globe MAY but not necessarily stop your service once you reach your credit limit.

There is another clause though that pertains to SPENDING LIMIT which is entirely different from CREDIT LIMIT:

ARTICLE 4 SPENDING LIMIT

4.1. You may opt to set a spending limit which represents your cap which will enable you to manage your usage within a billing cycle. If you exceed your spending limit, we may require payment even before the end of your billing cycle or we may notify you through any of your contact details/numbers. Notwithstanding non-receipt of any notification, you may request, at any time, details about your unbilled charges by calling our Customer Service Hotline (+6327301000); visiting any of our Globe Stores nearest you; or consulting your account manager. Failure on your part to inquire about your unbilled charges for whatever reason does not absolve you from liability in settling your outstanding balance in excess of your spending limit. Further, we may bar, suspend or temporarily disconnect the Service as soon as you exceed your spending limit, or when otherwise warranted by abnormal usage patterns or other circumstances, without need of prior notice and liability on our part. You agree to pay for all usage whether within or in excess of your spending limit in order to continuously avail of the Service. 

4.2. We reserve the sole right to review the criteria for the increase/decrease of your spending limit and approve or disapprove any such request subject to existing terms and conditions. We may also proactively increase your spending limit and notify you of the increase. If you do not concur to your new spending limit, you have to inform us within the specified period indicated in the notification. Failure on your part to advise us within the specified period shall be deemed as acceptance of the new spending limit. 

Again, what does the above mean? Simply that Globe MAY but not necessarily stop your service or require you to make a payment even before your billing cycle ends once you reach your spending limit.

Bottomline is, monitor your own usage as Globe would not be responsible if you exceed either your credit limit or spending limit but they are empowered to do what is necessary or even waive that right in case you do so.

• Re: Question about Credit Limit
            nyrnyr
            Chito Reyes. Sorry. Of course I've searched numerous times before I posted here in the community and I can't find the thread for that. Hence the post. I'm new here, SORRY