13 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2014 9:00 PM by fervish

System Upgrade or Downgrade?

ChitoReyes

We’ve been reading A LOT of complaints lately from subscribers in this community but lately, I’ve been hearing A LOT of complaints also from the people servicing our accounts. Of late, I don’t really know if Globe implemented a system upgrade or a downgrade or just how long this transition stage would last. It has affected even the most patient of customers (me) that even my posts in this forum get haywire. Some of the changes I noticed:

1. Seems that the system can only resolve one issue at a time. If one window (concern) is opened, another window cannot be opened or resolved unless the previous window is resolved by the very CSR who opened it or a higher authority or support team. Problem is, the higher authority or support team have their hands full on other things. Example : An activation of a new sim card cannot be done when a change of a billing cycle is scheduled on a certain date. They have to terminate the request for the change of billing cycle first before they can activate a sim card. There were ways to circumvent this in the past but the present system makes it hard to do so. Result- delay in processing of both requests.

2. Only certain transactions are given reference or case numbers. Reversal of charges up to a certain amount are not given reference numbers anymore nor any transaction codes. I was told that the reversals are made right away but still, the subscriber should be entitled to a reference point in case such was not done or just for mere documentation purposes. We would have to wait for our next bill for the adjustment record to be made.

3. For 2 months straight now, my International SMS was being charged on top of my unused consumables and just yesterday, it took my call of more than 2 hours just to reverse an amount of a measly Php 40.00 (P80.00 last month). I could just imagine how many people would not even bother to have that charge reversed and multiply that with the number of subscribers and we would not wonder why Globe gives out bonuses.

4. Again I stress out the vulnerability of the Globe Paybill online system where you need only the face information that you could see in any credit card to be able to use it to pay any Globe account. We have brought up that vulnerability in a meeting with them but until now, the vulnerability is not or preferred not to be addressed. Check http://community.globe.com.ph/t5/General-Discussion/Globe-Paybill-Fraud-Potential/m-p/17496#M627

5. Globe’s system is constantly down and the convenient excuse is that it is undergoing a system upgrade. Again, just today, (and how many times already in the past months) the upgraded system is down and I was told to call back after 2 hours and it would be even useless going to a Globe Business Center because, you guessed it… the system is down. There was a time this year too that Globe SM North would not want to accept my credit card payment because their system was down and I just had to elevate it so they could process it manually. Talk about efficiency.

6. I do not know how true this is but I was even told by someone inside that not all accounts have been migrated to the new system causing a lot of conflict and inconsistencies with the way each account is being handled. In case of disputes, a subscriber of multiple accounts could just cite out an example that was done in one of the accounts in order just to prove that it could be done with the other.

7. There are others but I would still have to validate whether they are attributable to the "upgraded system" or just simple inefficiencies like the postpaid application process, vulnerability of internet service systems which results in free internet forever being sold, delayed sending of statement of accounts, overlapping charges, etc. among other things. 

Yesterday, I was told by the hot(line) lady who was accommodating my concern to trust what she was doing and I said, “I trust you and I know it’s not your fault… it’s your upgraded system I don’t trust anymore”.

I hope I am wrong with a lot of the things I wrote or the very least that Globe can do is to address this concern at the soonest possible time. We hope we can hear from them too as to the exact situation we are in,  the steps they are to undertake and the timeline to address this concern. 

• Re: System Upgrade or Downgrade?
          JoeSunga

Is the upgrade completed yet?

If yes, then it does seem like a multi-million peso downgrade.

If not, when will it be completed?

neilph
            @ChitoReyes, I couldn't agree more with all you've pointed out. I believe I experienced each of these instances since their so-called system upgrade. What I did is just be very patient and more assertive. A couple of CSRs have even argued with me about my bills and their erroneous charges (bad for them since I understand their statements more than they do!) Well, it's just fortunate for me also that I know and monitor my consumption.

I know it takes a lot of patience especially talking to CSRs whom I think talk like robots and are ill-equipped with answers to different concern scenarios. But the ultimate question is HOW LONG would these INEFFICIENCES end or at least put to a minimum? I detest knowing that GLobe even recently won an award in customer service.

I just hope that Globe is doing everything it can about these issues. And rethink about the the policy for loyal subscribers.
              neilph
              @ChitoReyes oh good that you intercepted that erroneous charge. I think their billing system is really buggy and the system guys could not handle it. They depend on the subscribers who would complain of a certain error. What if no subscriber would complain? I just can't think of how much Globe would generate as MiSCELLANEOUS INCOME from unsuspecting subscribers.

That's why it pays to be vigilant and assertive besides understanding their new billing system. :smileyhappy:
                ChitoReyes

Let me reiterate that some of the posts in this thread were purged as a result of the Community's change of platform.+

I have multiple accounts with Globe (all under my name) and in the old system, I could make account changes with any of my accounts. In fact, I could request changes for all my accounts at the same time and the effect would be in the next billing cycle.

Unfortunately, in the new system it is not possible. Apparently, Globe treats my multiple accounts as one big account and a change in one would affect the other account and a change would not be effected until the previous change has been done. If I had 7 accounts under my name and would want to change all, it would take at least 7 billing cycles to effect all changes.

Worse, a lost or replacement sim for 1 account would not be normally activated unless a previous requested change could be affected or a "support team" cancels the previous request causing so much delay in the process.

WILLfindways

Hello, Fellow Wonderful Creatures!

It's a System Upgrade. But somehow Globe Telecom forgot to Upgrade its Employees properly.

It has been a trial and error sort of learning for some Creatures in the Globe Stores and in the Hotline.

It's very unfortunate that most of its subscribers are still enduring lots of problems.

(But I think some creatures are enjoying the perks of this System Upgrade such as free UnliData and Other Services.)

Have a wonderful hair day!

#WeDeserveBetter

WILLfindways

Hello, Fellow Wonderful Creatures!

Globe Telecom still surprises me.   I can't seem to understand in this day and age of Process Improvements, Quality Assurance, Six Sigma, Modern Systems and etc, Globe Telecom simply can't create a wonderful world for us. I am really surprised. There are a lot of experts in this network but they simply can't listen and understand all our concerns.

I have never allowed any Creature from this network to treat me less. I deserve better and no one can ever take that away from me not even those Creatures who abuse the network.

They WILL Burn in the Gates of Hell trying.

Have a wonderful hair day!

We accept the things we think we deserve

- The Perks of Being WILL

#WeDeserveBetter

kixjavier

I signed up on the website globe provided for the iphone 6. My reference number is GTP91695309

I have observed in the My Applications page that my Lock Up Period is until October 2015, but I know that I started my plan last December 2012. That means it should end on December 2014.

I called the hotline, and they said that in the old system my lock up period will end in december 2014, but in the new system its October 2015. They filed a report and said that the support team is going to contact me.

After 2 weeks and 5 calls to the hotline, nothing is happening. Its already November 7 and i might not be able to reserve since my lock up is until October 2015 which is wrong, and it Globe is taking no action on my request.

This is so frustrating. 2 weeks no response from the globe support team. If they are requesting me to pay my bill they call everyday, now that I have a concern they dont even give feedback.

ChitoReyes

This I cannot understand and again the "SYSTEM UPGRADE" was used as an excuse...

On October 30. because of a complaint I made due to Globe's foul up, the supervisor's action was to give me a one-time adjustment for 6 of my accounts. He tried to make the adjustments but the system would not want to accept it and the reason he gave was that in my last payment with Globe, I made an OVERPAYMENT of Php 3.00.

I thought that this was really silly... Globe should be glad that I made an overpayment but because of that, Globe could not make the necessary adjustments which by the way, were amounts larger than a measly Php 3.00. Nagbayad na ako ng sobra, may utang pa ang Globe but they could only effect the adjustments by November 27 which was the end of that billing cycle.

What more can I do but to be patient as these people are just frontliners and are also victims by the very people who plan, test and implement this so called "system upgrade" or "enhancement" which is becoming to be a very convenient excuse for this fouled up system.

Yesterday, November 29 or 2 days when the one-time adjustment was supposed to have been made, I called Globe and behold... though they acknowledged that the adjustment should have been made, such was not done because of.... guess again... System Upgrade!

In the meantime, if I were a financial analyst, the cost of money for one month served to the benefit of Globe... and all because of this system upgrade.

ChitoReyes

I just called Globe and was on the line with them for 1 hour and 10 minutes just to follow up on my recent adjustments which could not be done last October 30 and promised to be done by November 27 but could not be done as of November 29 because of the SYSTEM upgrade.

Guess what?... until now it could not be affected because according to Supervisor Mr. Ben Francisco, Supervisor Jay Rivera who was supposed to do the adjustments last October 30 and promised to be done by November 27 but could not be done as of November 29 because of the SYSTEM upgrade belonged to another TOWER(?)

And because of this caveman excuse, another delay... Isn't it that a supervisor's commitment is a COMPANY commitment and therefore should be honored by another supervisor so immediate action could be taken?

Where is the upgrade here? isn't this a simple case of bill adjustment?

fervish

You forgot the escalation fad?  

See that's the thing! They can easily make or point another employee an excuse! 

Meanwhile, let's keep every transaction on record for security purposes.