3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2013 8:28 AM by annnoyed1

why make it difficult to recontract

annnoyed1

had a problem with recontracting (actually with customer service handling). earlier i called the hotline to know my options about line retention, the CSR couldnt help coz the system was dowm. i asked if i can go to Globe Alabang town center to inquire instead, he said i can do that. after work,  i went to the Globe center in ATC. the manong told me to call the hotline first which i did, the system is still down. i asked the CSR if the customer service can help me since im already at their store, she said yes. after waiting for my turn, the customer service girl told me that i need to process recontracting over the hotline. i called the hotline again only to find out i cant get anything done despite being at the ATC store. that i need to wait for 5 days for the new phone. 

was really disappointed, its easier to get a phone over new line/new accounts than to stay with globe foranother 2 or plus years. you say its a reward for staying with globe but its not. i read in this thread that recontracting is not special. atleast make it not difficult for your loyal subscribers. 

its not like im getting a free phone, im going to cash out a part of the purchase price and will upgrade my plan. 

• Re: why make it difficult to recontract
          annnoyed1

really a waste of time going to the globe store. the CSR could've just told me that there's nothing they can do in the store, and walk me through the process of recontracting.

i dont get why i have to reserve a phone and wait for 5 days. 

ChitoReyes

I was wondering also why the hotline was suggesting that you go to the GBC considering that they knew that the "upgraded" system was down. Globe has become so dependent on this problematic system since that dreaded upgrade.

I too had a similar experience just yesterday regarding recontracting and there were a lot of inconsistencies that were being told to me by people from the hotline because of what was appearing in their system when it was up then when it went down. As usual, they promised to call within the day but at least Globe has been consistent through the 19 years of my relationship with them... no calls within the given timeframe.

Check the thread http://community.globe.com.ph/t5/General-Discussion/System-Upgrade-or-Downgrade/m-p/51865#M1903

annnoyed1

through the new process, the loyal subscribers who are paying customers (they made sure my payment was updated) have to request for a phone and wait for 5 days. while new applicants can get their new phone on the day itself, globe just only ask for an id.

i was in globe Southmall a month a go for a billing problem and signified my interest to recontract, the globe lady did not tell me that there's a new process.