11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2015 4:40 AM by nettewurk

Private IP on DSL

jlowtek

Does anyone notice the new IP addressing of Globe? I used to get dynamic public IP on my modem/router but now im getting a private IP. This is bad when you are using a DDNS. 

:catmad:

• Re: Private IP on DSL
          Jeian
          Hi! I am not sure. If you restart the DSL do it states Private I.P still?

Can you check out on speedtest.net, what ISP are you using?
              dudztgp

Are you able to access the internet with the private IP? Normally, you'll be redirected to tattoo site or something. Turn off your modem like 10-20mins then turn it on. Check if you still get a private IP. If yes, go to next step.

Turn off the modem. Call the hotline. Ask the tech to check if you have an active session. If there's an active session, ask the tech to terminate it then try to reconnect. If none, request PPPoE password change then reconnect.

jlowtek

@dudztgp  yes i can access the internet with no problem at all. It seems they are doing a carrier grade nat. i havent tried to call the hotline though for my concern.

this is one of the reasons i shifted from bayantel to globe and now globe is doing it as well.

jlowtek

Already restarted the modem/router twice but still getting a private IP. It says Globe for my speedtest as my ISP.

harold2013

I think I am observing the same issue now with my connection here (cebu-sibonga). The website whatsmyip.org shows me a public IP. Based on your Post I looked again on the Routerpage and found that the WAN-IP is: 10.xxx.xxx.xxx. This is bad. So is this just temporary? And what would be a solution to do port forwarding again?

nettewurk

I think that this topic will fall on deaf ears. Globe will realize later that they'll be losing most of their DSL subscribers, due to this carrier grade NAT they've implemented.

nettewurk

Lessen what?  More subscribers hooking up to avoid this threshhold?  Ever since, we're (subscribers) already sharing these public IP address and what distinguished between shared addresses was the open ports provided.  But now, it's like that you're in a corporate network accessing the internet thru proxies.  Assured of 1 way outbound connection and inbound is limited only to HTTP response only.  But this is not "intranet" but INTERNET with both way connections from within NAT to public domains.  For 17 years I've trusted their customer first caring and enhanced/reliable connectivity but now, it's unfortunate that I see it otherwise...  And they would even want to pay for services you've enjoyed before without prior notification.  And what's surprising are their new postpaid plans limit your monthly volume of usage.  I'd really praise them if they reassess their situation and restore these previous services and offerings.

nettewurk

I think that Globe needs to explain the reason why they implemented this?  CSR told us last year that the private IP implementation was temporary and now otherwise on what we were enjoying before.  From my experience, not only the below speed rating as advertised and above, even the latency I'm getting here is very high.GlennO  I think that I can attest my past record that I didn't abuse the service so I hope that they should  reconsider restoring what they offered before without costing extra cent.