3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2013 12:01 PM by centdroid

Did you know?

centdroid

Here are the things that globe home tattoo must know.

1. Dynamic IP - 

So on a good day you connect to your wifi router (either globe provided or third party routers) and notice that your connection suddenly went too slow?

Did you know that Globe provides some ip series which provides connection way beyond your subsribed speed?

Try to check whatismyip and if you got the 10.xxx.xxx.xxx ip adress you're in for the trouble.

Solution?

Try to disconnect > wait 10 secs > connect your modem again. and hope for a ddifferent series.

2. Speedtest.net

So you have some fast blazing speed connection. tested it in speedtest.net and got a whooping near your subscribed speed. So you search for your favorite movie to be downloaded (legally to be honest) or some music over some stores and.... What speed is this??? My turtle is faster..

Did you know that at globe servers (usually the default server that speedtest will provide since it takes the lowest ping and the shortest distance it can get) speedtest is fast since our modem and the server is on the same network.

Solution: The next time a field technician visited your place, try to ask them nicely to test it with server from other country (probably USA since most of the database,servers that we normally accessed are hosted there) instead of the normal Globe servers located in Makati ang Batangas. For them to see the real speedtest result.

3. Pingtest

More about speed it's about how fast your computer and the server communicates with each other. How many messages did the server recieved from your computer and how much messages did your computer recieved back. Head over to speedtest.net's sister test site. pingtest.net and see for yourself specially gamers who play online game. A split second is a difference between winning and losing.

Did you know that Globe servers located in Makati and Batangas provide the lowest ping? Same explanation with speedtest. Within the same network.

Also try to test with servers located in other areas. I doubt Globe host some.

Note: It is not my goal to destroy globe's reputation but just an information on our consumers. We get what we pay for. 

• Re: Did you know?
          ishtangli
          Just to add:

Did you know that FUP is technically UNCONSTITUTIONAL?

Throttling your speed without telling you how or why is a violation of your constitutional right to DUE PROCESS. Just think about it. :smileyhappy:
              LeeTsubasa
              Did you know that I use Globe's Antipolo server in Speedtest to test my speed and not Makati or Batangas.

Back on topic, this is pretty much basic and every consumer should know this your lucky if you know some advance ways to really know the quality of your internet like me but this should be fine.
                  centdroid

LeeTsubasa wrote:
                  Did you know that I use Globe's Antipolo server in Speedtest to test my speed and not Makati or Batangas.

Back on topic, this is pretty much basic and every consumer should know this your lucky if you know some advance ways to really know the quality of your internet like me but this should be fine.

Still it is Globe Server. Globe server in Globe Network test in really fast. Close to your subscribed speed. However since we normally play or connect on servers located outside of Globe network (and I highly doubt that Globe hosts some server) testing your connection within the same network is useless.