18 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2016 11:28 AM by neilph

Official Receipts from GBCs Incomplete Details

ChitoReyes

In relation to http://community.globe.com.ph/t5/General-Discussion/System-Upgrade-or-Downgrade/m-p/51865#M1903, it seems that the Official Receipts issued by the Globe Business Centers (GBC) have incomplete details.

I have noticed that ever since 2 months ago when they changed their system, ORs being issued by the GBCs DO NOT reflect a description of the item/service being paid for as mandated by Sec. 237 of the National Internal Revenue Code.

It used to be that the Account No. of the payer would be indicated so it would be evidence that such an amount was paid for that particular account but such is not anymore indicated. Instead, it would just indicate "HPBILLPAY".... no account number nor moble number or anything except for the customer's name, TIN and address.

This would pose a problem for people who have several accounts under their names as to which receipt would be applied to which account specially if the amounts would be similar. A documented paper trail would also be hard to trace raising suspicions as to the reason why this was grossly overlooked.

Another issue with the issuance of Official Receipts could be found in  http://community.globe.com.ph/t5/Billing-and-Payments/Official-Receipt/m-p/30344#M1440.

This is being posted to document that this issue is being raised so appropriate action could be taken

• Re: Official Receipts from GBCs Incomplete Details
          Hi @ChitoReyes thanks for raising this. I'll let the appropriate group know about this. Thanks!

@ChitoReyes Please know that the OR being issued by our Stores is valid and compliant as this is being generated by our POS system, which went through several screening in the accreditation process of the BIR National Accreditation Board.

ChitoReyes

Please note that the upgrade from the old platform to this new one did not include posts and discussions after the previous post.

To answer the previous post, the BIR approves the form of the receipt but Globe is responsible for its contents and in supplying complete information.

The problem still continues and has not yet been corrected.

Moreover, I noticed a shift of the printing of Official Receipts to thermal paper (Globe Robinson's Ermita) which after a month has rendered the ORs to be unreadable.

Please note that under the law, the forms of evidence of receipt of collection should maintain its integrity and reliability and can be authenticated so as to be usable for subsequent reference in that the document has remained complete and unaltered, apart from the addition of any endorsement and any authorized change, or any change which arises in the normal course of communication, storage and display.

How can we present such a receipt if it is unreadable after a month?

neilph

ChitoReyes then that would mean an additional 1-1.50 peso investment on photocopying or an extra effort and other resources to scan such document and store it digitally.  In any case, I doubt if such reproduction/archiving procedure would even be admissible to the BIR at the very least since they would almost always require original receipts.

GlennO is the accreditation of the POS already done for the enhanced system?  I know that under a certain Revenue Regulation that whenever you enhance your system you have to apply for accreditation anew and that is for the whole CAS (Computerized Accounting System) or a part of the existing system that's enhanced. Unless, of course there were exceptions.  In any case, I concur with the points raised by Chito re ORs and what should be written on the face.

neilph

I usually pay my bills via bancnetonline so my only receipt of payment is the payment transaction details provided by bancnet.  But yesterday, I paid thru GBC in Eastwood and it seems that there is an improvement in the format and info of the official receipt and I thought it was already ok when I looked for my Globe account number and bill number I paid and voila! --- still not there!

I these 2 info - account number and bill number - are very important components of the official receipt.  Even BIR prescribes them.  The account number should be indicated in the receipt so that subscriber would know which account the payment was applied to.  This is especially significant if the subscriber has several accounts with Globe.  The same contention with bill number.

There were cases before that payments are misposted to another account so indicating the account number would be helpful in resolving issues later with both the subscriber and Globe.

Another thing...I really don't like the thermal paper being used for official receipts.  They fade over time.  For tax purposes, receipts should be kept and maintained for 3 years.  I don't think the thermal paper would last for 3 years.  I prefer the dot-matrix printed official receipt before, even the contents are complete.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    ChitoReyes

It's been 5 months since we posted this concern and apparently nothing visible has been done about it yet. Even the cashiers and Customer Service in Globe Megamall are aware about it and wonder too what Globe is doing about it. Yup... just paid a bill yesterday and nothing has changed.