10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2014 1:00 AM by JhunYcaro

Is my battery faulty?

nev3rmind
      I just need your opinion if my battery is faulty.. Pag nakacharge yun phone ko tapos ginamit ko sya to browse, check fb or twitter nababawasan yun battery level kahit nakaplug yun charger... What do you guys think? I am using S4 by the way
        • Re: Is my battery faulty?
          hcescala

@nev3rmind i noticed din sa phone ko (htc one ) pero hindi sya alarming tipong hindi mafull charge agad agad or ayaw umangat ng charging percentagae indicator. 

Aside dun sa concern mo may napansin ka bang kakaiba sa handset mo na related sa battery, mabilis madrain? Most S4 batteries out of the box kc faulty. Check mo din kung may bulge na yung battery mo.

nev3rmind
            Wala naman bulge pero mabilis sya madrain.. I actually thought the last update to 4.3 fixed the battery issue kasi medyo nagtatagal na batt life the past few weeks then I noticed this issue na pag ginamit mo yun phone while charging mas nade-drain sya instead na madagdagan ang charge.
              nev3rmind
              Yup I am using the original charger.. This issue came up last saturday lang, dati kahit gamitin ko sya while charging nag-increase yun battery meter now it's decreasing kaya medyo nagtaka ko, so far ang ginawa ko I drained the battery and saka ko nagcharge, kaso same issue pa din, kaya hindi ko na muna ginagamit while charging..

I am not sure if it is the charger or the battery that's causing this, I will try a different charger later sa office and see what happens.. Thanks for your input
                nev3rmind
                Thanks... just did it for testing purposes,
                  nev3rmind
                  Mukhang di battery ang problema ko, I tried my BB charger and now it's charging normal... kahit gamitin ko while plugged in hindi nababawasan ang charge unlike dun sa original S4 charger..
                    itachi1

It's the USB cable that is causing the issue more often than not. Over time, the cable decreases in power capacity kahit wala pang 1 year. If you read other forums, other high-end Galaxy owners have the same experience. I myself have experienced that (as of this writing, I'm using the USB of my SmartWatch 2 to charge my Note 2). Unfortunately, chargers are considered as consumables and may not be part of the phone's warranty (ok I just read Samsung's warranty certificate... "Battery, chargers and other accessories are covered up to 6 months from the date of purchase.")

The safest answer is to get another Samsung travel charger. Of course for the budget-conscious, there are cheaper alternatives. Or you can use the cable of another device (like some of us do), but as they say, use at your own risk (like me)... especially if your unit is less than 6 months old.

nev3rmind

@itachi1  yes it is the USB cable that is faulty. I tried the cable of a friend of mine who's using S4 as well and it works like a charm. 

Right now I am using the charger of my BB9300, it takes a while to charge but at least I can charge my phone when I'm at home. 

Thanks for the input, that actually gave me the idea to swap USB cable with my colleague to test it. 

JhunYcaro

guys help naman, bago lng kc iphone5s ko normally pag nk off ang phone ko(iphone5s) then i plug ko charger sa power source, automatically mag open iphone ko, but when i turn off my phone(still plugin to power source ang charger) complete  blank as in wlang indicator n nagcharge ang phone, d ko malaman kung full charge n sya kailangan ko pa turn on uli para makita ko kung ilang percent n ang charge...pero nag charge sya..is it normal? kc i find it weird