3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2016 2:28 AM by firlyjoy

OFW sim

EmmanuelLee
      To subcribers who are on OFW prepaid sim, Is it a requirement that you need to load up/reload/recharge your actual OFW sim card tied up with a family sim card back home to maintain the sim card's validity and avoid being expired? from what i understand is that so long as you have your OFW sim tied up with another sim in the Philippines, your OFW sim card will remain active (since OFW sim cards are pre activated for roaming). Meaning to say that so long as your partner sim loads up in the Philippines the OFW sim card will not expire and not just to maintain the roaming service. It is also explicitly stated on the OFW sim packs right? and it did not say anything about you having to put load in any denomination for it to remain active.
        • Re: OFW sim
          @EmmanuelLee - OFW SIM will always be active as long as Family SIM (person/s in the Phils.) shows monthly activity (i.e. reloads, calling, downloading, and etc.)
            EmmanuelLee
            Thank you so much for your reply! with that in mind, i have bought an ofw sim from the airport the day i left Manila back to the United States. It was registered and paired with a Philippine Globe sim. The sim that it was paired to has an activity like what you said, but unfortunately, after 6 months no the OFW sim not being loaded on, and just being used to receive text messages from home, Globe terminated its services. I spoke with a talk to globe agent a few days ago with ticket number 1312022169 and she said that the sim card will expire if there is no activity whatsoever on my end aside from the activity that the paired sim has. She said that the activity of the sim card from the Philippines is only to keep the OFW sim's Roaming service active which is contrary to what was indicated on the packet of the sim card i bought nor from the website with their FAQs for OFW sim card. She kept insisting that that is not the way and that an expired sim card can not be activated back again since it is the system that dictates the service. My whole family has been subcribers or both prepaid and postpaid accounts from your company and simple logic states that a computer system was made by a person/man suffice it to san, a man can also get the system to reactivate my sim card. A new postpaid sim card is not active for the first 24-48 hours of line application, as a person who controls your system activates and puts in your system the information needed to have the new postpaid sim card activated. how come your company can not admit that there is a flaw in this system and have my SIM reactivated?
              firlyjoy

Same situation. I bought ofw sim family packs (for me and my friends) at the globe center in SM city before I go back to Dubai. We don't know why there's no signal when we inserted the ofw sims here in Dubai..

Then I tried to chat at customer service, they told me that it was deactivated.. How come that it was deactivated? Its validity is until October 31 2016 and it is new when I bought it from a Globe center last 2nd week of august 2016?

Who deactived that sims? Automatic from the Globe system? Why?