3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2013 10:08 AM by GlennO

No gadget care

camille
      When i got my iphone5, i wasnt proactively offered with gadget care that's why i dont have any idea about it. In less than a month, i accidentally dropped my iphone 5 in the bowl and it made it not working. So brought it back to globe to have it fixed but they said it's down and irrepairable. My friend told me i should have purchased gadget care. What right will i have? Ive been so disgusted because i wasnt aware of the phone insurance.
        • Re: No gadget care
          ChitoReyes

It used to be that Gadget Care was applied free of charge for the first month for new postpaid subscribers and that was one way they were promoting it. Check if you are covered.

Gadget Care may not be aggressively promoted nowadays and they may have their reasons including but not limited Ace Insurance (provider for Globe's Gadget Care and even Sun's phone insurance) making a review if the program is still economically feasible.

ChitoReyes

@camille ... I suggest that you ask Globe if your unit is covered by the 1 month free gadget care promo to all new Globe subscribers.

I was just in a Globe Business Office and according to them the promo is till ongoing as it was before. Please note that there is a participation fee that might be charged as part of Gadget Care's Terms and conditions and you might have a casho out of an amount which most probably would be a lot less than spending for a brand new phone.

Hi @camille - It's sad to hear that your phone is not working anymore. :smileysad: Gadget Care is just an add-on product for customers and not mandatory for iPhone 5 owners. As such, our reps are not 100% required to proactively offer it to subscribers.