10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2013 7:28 PM by miufille

Incorrect Billing Amount

afewknows
      Hi everyone. I'm a new Globe postpaid subscriber. I availed the iPhone 5s 32GB under plan 999. I agreed to pay the cashout with the exact amount of 24,999 (24,000 cashout + 1month advance for my plan that is 999). I got it last Dec 4 and I was not really expecting a bill this year. I thought that the 1 month advanced payment would cover Dec 4 - Jan 4. I'm expecting the bill would come around last week of Jan or early Feb for Jan 4 - Feb 4 period. And I was wrong. The bill came today and I've got the following balance to pay that is due on Dec 31:

Rewards: (399.00)
      Monthly Recurring Fee: 1,456.33
      One-time Charges: 21,428.57
      VAT: 2,746.19
      ==========================
      Total: 25,232.09

I'm not sure why MRF is 1,456.33. Based on their tutorial it is the fixed monthly payment that I've signed up for. But I've signed up for plan 999.

I also checked my outstanding balance in Globe's website and it says 233 php. Although I'm not sure where it came from.

Can anyone enlightened me on this one? Am I missing something here?

Thanks.
        • Re: Incorrect Billing Amount
          miufille

for your MRF I think it consist of your 1 month advance and the prorated amount for the period from the date of your activation until your cut off date. But for more explanation it is best to call 211. 

afewknows
            Hmmm. Sa first bill po ba yung MRF ay laging may one month advanced? And para saan yung one month advanced na binayaran ko kasabay nung ni-cashout ko? At saka bakit meron akong one-time charge samantang nabayaran kona yun? I guess I need to call 211 nga for more detailed info. Thanks.
              RNav

@afewknowswrote:
              Hi everyone. I'm a new Globe postpaid subscriber. I availed the iPhone 5s 32GB under plan 999. I agreed to pay the cashout with the exact amount of 24,999 (24,000 cashout + 1month advance for my plan that is 999). I got it last Dec 4 and I was not really expecting a bill this year. I thought that the 1 month advanced payment would cover Dec 4 - Jan 4. I'm expecting the bill would come around last week of Jan or early Feb for Jan 4 - Feb 4 period. And I was wrong. The bill came today and I've got the following balance to pay that is due on Dec 31:

Rewards: (399.00)
              Monthly Recurring Fee: 1,456.33
              One-time Charges: 21,428.57
              VAT: 2,746.19
              ==========================
              Total: 25,232.09

I'm not sure why MRF is 1,456.33. Based on their tutorial it is the fixed monthly payment that I've signed up for. But I've signed up for plan 999.

I also checked my outstanding balance in Globe's website and it says 233 php. Although I'm not sure where it came from.

Can anyone enlightened me on this one? Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

P1,456.33 * 1.12 = P1,631.0896

P1,631.0896 / P999 per month = 1.6327 months

1.6327 months * 30 days = 48.982 days

48.982 days - 30 days = 18.982 days

The P1,456.33 MRF (Monthly Recurring Fee) might be pro-rated for 49 days (19 days + 30 days in advance)?

December 5 - December 23 = 19 days

December 23 - January 22 = 30 days

Not sure though. >__<

afewknows
                Hi RNav. I forgot to mention that the billing period was for Dec 4 - Dec 10. I checked my outstanding balance online and through SMS (POSTPAID BALANCE send to 2312) and my balance is 233.09.

"Good day! Your outstanding balance is Php 233.09, due on 2013-12-31T00:00:00+08:00. Your last payment was PhP 24999.0, paid on 2013-12-13T00:00:00+08:00. Your account number is xxxxxxxx and your cut-off date is 2014-01-10T00:00:00+08:00. Roaming charges from overseas may not yet be completely reflected on this bill. You may also get a copy of your bill on-line at www.globe.com.ph. Thank you!"

I think that it is the correct figure. Based on other forums, the 233.09 is prorated since dec 4 to 10 is only 7 days and not 1 month. Jan 10, 2014 is my cut off date. They also mentioned that I can expect another bill for the period of dec 11 to jan 14 and from then, bills should reflect the MRF for plan 999. They advised me though to check with Globe the bill that I got today because the figures are crazy.

Thanks by the way!
                  RNav
                  @afewknows Alright! The bills can get really confusing. Hehe.
                    iahne05

Hi afewknows,

You've mentioned, your 1st bill, billing period is 12/4/2013 - 12/10/2013. So under MRF (monthly recurring fee) you'll have a charge for Plan 999 from 12/4/2013 - 12/10/2013--PRORATED and a charge in advance from 12/11/2013 - 1/10/2013 (PLS TAKE NOTE YOUR CUT-OFF DATE is every 10th). How to compute for the prorated amount? Here's how..

999 without vat is 891.96 (999/1.12). So 891.96 divided by number of days of the month (december *31) = 28.772 multiplied by number of days frm the activation to your cut-off (from 4 to 10 = 7days, counting starts at 4).. to make it short  891.96/31 = 28.772 * 7 = 201.40 .

Charge in advance only applies on your first bill. On your succeeding bills, you will only be charge with 1 plan, no more prorated amount.

You MRF is 1,456.33. Sorry, I cannot explain how  it arrived to that amount since I cannot check your bill. On my end if I computed it, 201.40 (prorated amount ) + 891.96 (charge in advance) = 1093.36

>>I suggest call the hotline because they have access to see your bill.

:womanhappy: Happy New Year!

afewknows
                      @iahne05: that was a very detailed explanation! However, I got confuse when you mentioned that charge in advance is on first bill lang. I mean, iba pa ba yon dun sa 999 na 1 month advanced na binayad ko along with the 24k cashout nung i-deliver sa akin yung unit?

I really appreciated your input. At least may idea ako pag nagpunta ako sa Globe bukas. Lol! I noticed kasi ang daming nagrereklamo na mali yung bills nila. If di ka marunong mag-inspect baka sobra sobra na pala binabayaran mo.

Thank! Happy New Year everyone!
                          iahne05

Hi afewknows,

"I got confuse when you mentioned that charge in advance is on first bill lang"

Your first bill consists of prorated amount and charge in advance. If you settled a "charge in advance" already upon delivery of your handset, that's just the same. Please check your payments on your bill. It should be deducted from the TOTAL AMOUNT DUE.

:womanhappy: Happy New Year!!

afewknows
                          Thanks everyone especially iahne05. I've already settled my bill yesterday and the agent said that the correct amount is 233.09 all in.

Thanks again!