4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2014 6:07 PM by loginname

unlisurf 999

doubleUard
      I'm worried. I am new to globe postpaid. i just want clarifications about this so called unlisurf 999. I was confused by the term unlisurf. Is it only limited to net surfing alone? How about downloading? How about using weChat or other messengers while data is on? Does globe charges the subscriber once using the data beyond net surfing? Please answer. Thanks
        • Re: unlisurf 999
          akashiya_mokka
          @doubleUard Globe will not charge you if your subscribed to unliSURF however if your connection got capped your connection will just slowed upto 30%.
            doubleUard
            @Akashiya thanks for that information. Is it based on facts? Does it completely mean that I don't need to worry about bill shock? So, is it really alright to download files across the net without having additional charges? I have been using WeChat for almost a week already, and i am worried now due to some rumors i heard from other globe subscribers that once they use unlisurf beyond just net surfing alone like downloading or chatting, it will incur additional charges.
                ChitoReyes

Hi @doubleUard ...

Once you are subscribed to unlisurf 999 then it truly is unlimited as to anything which involves downloading or uploading through the internet which includes email, chatting, VOIP, etc. The term "surfing" is a just a term to describe not only in viewing webpages but using the internet as means of interaction through several ways.

It is alright to download files and some have actually used torrents (downloading movies and other heavier files) though unadvisable as the service was not meant to download those very big files on a continous basis without being slowed down as part of the Fair Usage Policy. As I said, it is possible without incurring any addtional charges.

In my 999 subscription, my device is always on and even shared through the hotspot feature of my phone so just imagine how this kind of subscription is truly a good value for its price.

loginname

Hi All, I'm new to postpaid plans, too and I just received a text from Globe that I have to text the keyword go plus my hand set brand to 2951 and save all the settings to use the mobile internet surfing and I didn't do that. Like after my nano sim got activated I turned on the cellular data right away and started surfing. I wasn't informed I have to do such and now I'm worried that I may have unwanted charges on my bill.