10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2014 4:12 PM by Jeian

About Fair Usage or the 800 MB limit policy

chandoo

Hello Globe Community,

Is there any way to increase the limit to my prepaid account? I can't seem to browse or enjoy it. Also, Globe is false advertising its SUPER SURF promo said it was UNLIMITED but only 800 MB can be used. I am not downloading illegal videos and musics, I am only streaming pictures and visiting blogs at tumblr.com and it uses much of the bandwidth. My choice is will I be able to increase my bandwidth or just transfer to other network for better internet service.

Also, Globe internet is really slow this days! That adds to my complain.

• Re: About Fair Usage or the 800 MB limit policy
          chandoo

Also, this hits my limits!

I am upgrading my phone to iOS 7 and suddenly failed because of this!

AdmiralKilos

Hi chandoo,

Check out this link: http://www.globe.com.ph/aup

The Acceptable Terms on Fair Use for Globe unlimited promos is aligned with industry practice of telecommunications providers all over the world. It is intended to ensure that all customers get to equally share an enjoyable experience using Globe services. As such, the Acceptable Terms on Fair Use may be used to protect Globe customers against entities or persons utilizing Globe services in a manner that runs counter to the intent of the promo, fraudulent, or exceeding normal standards of use.

In your purchase or use of our products and services, you agree to our Acceptable Terms on Fair Use and agree to be bound by the policy.

Please see below the terms relating to the unlimited service/promo that you have subscribed for.

1. Available to active Globe subscribers

2. Applicable to Globe-to-Globe, Globe-to-TM and Globe to other network calls and/or text only

3. Globe provides unlimited texts, unlimited calls or unlimited texts and calls to be used from your mobile phone for private, personal, non-commercial purposes.

4. Unlimited promos may not be used with any other device other than your mobile phone or in a way that adversely impacts the service to other Globe Prepaid and Postpaid subscribers.

5. Globe shall implement policies to ensure that all subscribers get to equally share an enjoyable call and text experience. This policy is designed to protect those who might be affected by the few subscribers who use the unlimited promos for activities other than its intended use. Acceptable Terms on Fair Use applies:

a. to sending of spam or unsolicited bulk messages like political and promotional advertisements, financial loans or recruitments
              b. to sending of fraudulent messages or bogus promotional offers
              c. if your usage of unlimited calls /unlimited texts /unlimited calls and unlimited texts is unreasonably high

6. Your usage of an unlimited promo is excessive or unreasonable as defined below:

a. It is unreasonable/excessive if your usage adversely affects the Globe network and another Globe subscriber's use or access to Globe services.
              b. Excessive use means calls or text usage per day is significantly higher than one's normal usage.

7. If Globe reasonably suspects that you are not acting in accordance with the Acceptable Terms on Fair Use, Globe reserves the right to suspend your unlimited subscription and charge you under regular rates, or disconnect your account.

8. We reserve the right to vary the Acceptable Terms on Fair Use without prior notice.

TERQZ

chandoo wrote:

Also, this hits my limits!

I am upgrading my phone to iOS 7 and suddenly failed because of this!

It is advisable to use the wifi connection when updating OS using Iphones. Since if I am right, the size of IOS 7 update is nearly 700MB. :smileyhappy:

Neil

I just want to chime in on this topic. I use both 3G/LTE on my phone and I can live with the daily usage policy imposed, since I never download large files on my phone anyway.

As Globe says on their website http://www.globe.com.ph/surf/fup

"Mobile surfing offers from Globe are generally meant for emailing, browsing and search activities.
                    Customers who frequently use file-sharing software or download large files are usually the ones affected by our policy. Media streaming and downloading of torrents also contribute to the excessive use of bandwidth capacity."

And that is exactly why I subscribed to a wired home broadband connection, but then, Globe also has a daily usage for most of its home broadband plans (and they don't get to reset it on time :smileysad:, I always get throttled when I hit the 2-3GB mark). I would never understand why they implemented a FUP for their home connections. Their 'we-do-this-to-prevent-users-from-abusing-and-congesting-the-network reasoning' is flawed. Let's see why. Plans 5Mbps and lower has daily caps ranging from 3-7GB, Plans 8Mbps and up don't. If we are going to take their reasoning in mind, then shouldn't they put caps on their higher plans with faster speeds since the ones on those plans are more likely to download/stream more than the ones with slower plans? Think about it.

I am perfectly fine with the FUP on mobile data, but not on home broadband. Well, to be honest, I am fine with the 7GB daily allotment as well, it is just that their system that counts the usage was never accurate in the past, not once.

This post is in no way a rant, I am just suggesting how Globe can do better. I hope @GlennO can read this and pass this on to the higher-ups in the Tattoo/Home Broadband derpartment and act on it. It will surely make their subscribers VERY happy. :smileyhappy:

JessicaSison
                  I think globe should advertise that what they meant about UNLIMITED SURFING. Because it has a limit. They should advertise that 800mb is the maximum data you can use for a day. It is not unlimited when it has limits. Globe is getting us all disappointed nowadays.
                    thonyme

they must post it at the promo  that  800mb only is in the super surf for sure iilan nlng mag subscribe because its useless  its not what we expect for super surf.. We all know that super surf is unlimited MB!  Not 800mb