6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2014 3:46 AM by witchdoc

I am Canadian. I wanted to purchase an iPhone5c with superplan, but form would not take Cdn Address!

MarkReynolds

Hi! I am a Canadian, living in Canada. I tried to purchase an iPhone5c, on the online store, with a 2499 superplan @ 12months, with PHP 15,000 cashout... When it came time to input my address,  the form would not accept my Canadian address...and I could not proceed. How can I complete this transaction? I have a credit card...

• Re: I am Canadian. I wanted to purchase an iPhone5c with superplan, but form would not take Cdn Addr
          TERQZ
          Sorry to hear that sir.

You should have a Philippine address to be able to do that.. It is one of the requirements. Proof of billing address. :smileyhappy:

Please see it here.
          http://www.globe.com.ph/help/postpaid/plans?jsid=6B2170DB90FE639039FD2B0B01DAE169.41388645703136

• Re: I am Canadian. I wanted to purchase an iPhone5c with superplan, but form would not take Cdn Addr
            jec_15
            Of course you need to have a philippine address and should be staying in the country for the contract period you want because Globe is a philippine based telecom industry.
            I suggest if you want to have a postpaid plan why not apply in your telecom there in Canada.
              jec_15
              Absolutely agree with @AdmiralKilos
              This is rediculous. Wag po kasi tatanga tanga at never ka din naman makaka apply ng plan sa smart website unless u provide a VALID billing address, Because that's for verification purposes and besides globe wont waste their effort providing postpaid line that they can't reach anytime. Hayyy i've worked in a call center before with a similar account as this (sales) and hayyy ang hirap paintindihin ng mga yan! Gusto nila lagi sila masusunod, Such a pain in the as*.
                  ChitoReyes

Hi @MarkReynolds...  your thoughtfulness toward your fiancee is beyond question.

I am not an employee of Globe though I've been one of their longest subscribers and I do understand your frustration when things are not fully explained nor particularly stated specially in online buying sites. To be blunt, Globe, other local telcos and many of the companies here in the Philippines have a lot of catching up to do when stating facts and explanations to abused consumers like us. Unlike in other countries like the US or even Canada, consumerism is a strong force to contend with but little by little, we hope to be getting there sooner rather than later.

At this point however, we just have to deal with that kind of culture in order to ease tension and go deeper to understand the basis of those requirements rather than simply complying with them. I've always mentioned to Postpaid applicants that compliance is one, approval is another.

There are basically 3 requirements in an application for postpaid:

1. Proof of identity - to know that you are who you claim you are;

2. Proof of Income - to know if you can afford and sustain the plan you are planning to get over the period of time you would be using your subscription; and finally,

3. Proof of Billing Address - to send you the Statement of Accounts and (this they don't mention) to send you any demands and in the worst case scenario, any legal orders by the Philippine Courts in case you fail to fulfill your end of the obligation.

Saying that, it would be impractical and very hard to go after someone who is outside the country and compounded by events that it is usually the mode of escape of people who are accused of something here to escape the law. Bluntly said, Globe cannot go after you in case you default though personally I don't think you would since you have the best of intentions.

I would think that that is the primary reason why Globe would decline your application but in the same way, Globe should be more specific in their requirements specially because the world is geting smaller and purchases made online are becoming global in nature.

Perhaps your fiancee could just apply for a line only plan under her name since the requirements would be a lot easier and just send money to her to buy an unlocked unit with warranty which are available in the Philippines if the need is immediate... the price is the same anyway... an unlocked.

When you come here on Feb, then you could just shoulder the financial side of the transaction for the application of a postpaid plan under your fiancee's name and billing address if the need is still there.

If the purpose is for communicating, a lot of prepaid promos are even more attractive than the ones in postpaid and she can call you as low as Php 2.00 /min if using her mobile phone or unlimited chatting if you prefer that mode.

Hope the above helps in trying to make it clearer.

witchdoc
                  Hi Mark, i understand what you mean since i lived in the US but the telco's over here are pretty DIFFERENT from what we have in North America. I suggest you buy a phone off eBay or Swappa and have it shipped to the Philippines - or you could buy one at a local shop while skyping real time to your fiancee. Hope this helps!