2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2014 11:45 PM by YackYackLovina

Pay-Off Fee / Pre-termination Fee

YackYackLovina

Hi,

Is it possible for my pay-off fee to suddenly increase?

I was opting for an early recontracting and ask for the computation of my pay-off fee. I'm under plan 999 (with a Samsung Galaxy S Advance) and I wanted to upgrade to 1799. Called the loyalty department last November and was informed that my pay-off fee is Php 7,100 (this was noted on my account). Last December, when I decided to proceed, I called the loyalty Department again and was told my pay-off fee is Php 6,508.33. I paid said amount and waited 2 working days. After calling, I was told that the Galaxy Note 3 is out of stock and they will not process my request until my desired unit is available.

Called this morning and suddenly my pay-off fee increased from Php 6,508.33 to Php 7916.67! I was so frustrated that my pay-off fee increased and tried to get a second opinion. I was informed that the price of my unit, Samsung Galaxy S Advance is Php 19,000.00 (woah).

I do not know if I was misinformed by ALL of the agents that I talked to from November to December or the agents that I talked to this morning. Suprisingly my unit became expensive as well. I believe the initial price of the Galaxy S Advance is only Php 12,000-15,000.

Wish globe can provide me an explanation why my pay-off fee increased from 6,508.33 to Php 7916.67.

• Re: Pay-Off Fee / Pre-termination Fee
          miufille
          Unfortunately globe changes its preterminarion fee last nov. 15 your payoff fee should be your total mrf multiplied to your remaining lock up unlike before nov. 15 the computation is your handset base price less your cashout (if with cashout) divided by 24 then multiplied in you remaining lock up.
          • Re: Pay-Off Fee / Pre-termination Fee
            YackYackLovina

Finally got some answer... The agents that I've talked to from November and December were all correct. The agents that I've talked to last January 9, failed to deduct the cash out that I've paid before acquiring the unit, that's why my pay-off fee increased.

As of January 22, 2014, my correct pay off fee is Php 5,916.67 and not Php 7,916.67. Thank you for all the replies. Finally got some closure.