8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2014 5:14 PM by WILLfindways

Disappointing Globe Recontract

sunshine1107
      No Recontract Reward for recontracting same postpaid plan with handset that has a cashout.
        • Re: Disappointing Globe Recontract
          NoToIrate

What is your plan po ba ? There are lot's of offers naman po ee. Unless your plan belongs to the legacy plans.

sunshine1107
            Its just Plan 999.

I know Globe offers a lot of good services.
            What is disappointing is that, they offered me recontracting/loyalty rewards.

they offered me a free handset or Bill Rebates equal to 47.5% of my plan for a period pf 24months, in a 24month lockin period again.

During my recontract, i confirmed to a Globe Ageny if i can avail Bill Rebates for my recontract plan, and she said "Yes Ma'am!".

They gave me date of handset delivery. I fixed my schedule for it and I came promptly in the date specified, because they said that if i do not pick-up within 3days, it will be given to another customer.

1st DISAPPOINTMENT: handset is not there.

2nd DISAPPOINTMENT: and that Globe Store will contact me when it arrives, contradicting to what the Globr Agent(whom i applied my recontract with), said that there will be no affirmation when the handset arrives, and that i just have to walk-in there and tell the people that i came to get my handset.

3rd DISAPPOINTMENT: even if i followed-up the handset weekly, the delay of the handset took almost 2months.
            i learn online that my case was no an isolated case, and this happens mostly for recontracting subscribers, and that Globe gives more priority to new subscribers than recontracting/loyal subscribers.

4th & BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: When i came to get the recontract plan and recontracting offer, they are now telling me that i cannot avail any of the loyalty rewards they offered me for recontracting.
            there reason is that because i availed same plan with a handset with cashout.

It is very disappointing for me, i was already planning to downgrade my plan and buy handset from other retailer, but was talked into recontracting 'cause of the bill rebates.

it is as if i am a new subscriber, no loyalty reward and such, i should have just applied for a new contract to save myself from all the delays.

i was supposed to save money, but what happened is that i will spend a lot more money this time.

5th DISAPPOINTMENT: when i knew, i will not be given the rewards i was counting on, the Globe Agent told me that i can't cancel because she was already finished processing my recontract while i was checking the recontracting papers.

6th DISAPPOINTMENT: they actually adviced me to terminate my pla n and pay the remaining months of my recontract( which is 24months ), and apply again for recontract, if i want to avail bill rebates. Which os very absurd!
              @sunshine1107 Hi there. Again, we'd like to apologize for the delay. I believe the phone has already been issued to you and explanation has been provided that it's either rebate OR new handset, and not both.

The difference of having a new line and recontracting the same line is the keeping of same mobile number. Rewards points come as you continuously use your plan. These rewards points may be used as cash to buy from selected merchants.
                sunshine1107
                @GlennO, i think i know that sir. I know the difference between recontracting or loyalty reward and ordinary reward points.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
                -- Recontracting or loyalty reward is given if a postpaid subscriber was able to finish hia or her contract with for example 24-month lockin period. And applies for the same contract with lockin period also. The reward maybe in the form of rebates or free phone.

-- Ordinary Reward points are given for postpaid subscribers when they exceed their plan for some amount or something.

So i think you do not get my point sir.
                The thing is, i got the recontract with cashout same as any other new line contracts and i was not given any loyalty reward for recontracting.

Just to be clear.
                I did not receive any rebates or any phone from recontracting reward.

sunshine1107 wrote:
                    @GlennO, i think i know that sir. I know the difference between recontracting or loyalty reward and ordinary reward points.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
                    -- Recontracting or loyalty reward is given if a postpaid subscriber was able to finish hia or her contract with for example 24-month lockin period. And applies for the same contract with lockin period also. The reward maybe in the form of rebates or free phone.

-- Ordinary Reward points are given for postpaid subscribers when they exceed their plan for some amount or something.

So i think you do not get my point sir.
                    The thing is, i got the recontract with cashout same as any other new line contracts and i was not given any loyalty reward for recontracting.

Just to be clear.
                    I did not receive any rebates or any phone from recontracting reward.

Hi @sunshine1107 I do get your point :smileyhappy:

Recontracting is the act of signing up for another contract with Globe. In this act, a customer has two options:

1. 1. Rebate (For non-Best Ever mySuperPlan account holders only)
                    2. 2. Mobile phone depending on the plan is 

For #2, there is a gadget line up - some free, some not depending on what plan the customer is subscribed to. A customer can choose only one of two options. In your case, you availed of #2 since you got a phone. Even if there was a cash out given, this is considered #2 since Globe is subsidizing your phone.  

angelmicx
                        @sunshine1107
                        Hi.. Can I ask if your plan is a "Best Ever mySuperPlan".. If yes, then your reward (based on what others say) is that you don't have any deductions on your PV for the Phone.

If its not a "Best Ever mySuperPlan" then as you have stated you may have been better off geting a new line (that is if getting a new number is okay for you)

Frankly the Bill Rebate is better..

I think what @sunshine1107 is stating here is that there was no true/clear reward in what she got since she would have gotten the same stuff if she applied a new line. I think that is what DISAPPOINTS here sir.

A bit off topic:
                        Sir @GlennO you said that Bill Rebates is just For non-Best Ever mySuperPlan account holders only, so for me, it would seem I have no choice but #2. Is there a list on what phones are available or is it the same as phones as the new subscribers?
                      WILLfindways

Hello, Fellow Wonderful Creatures!

I think I first heard this line ages ago from a Globe Business Hotline Manager.

The difference of having a new line and recontracting the same line is the keeping of same mobile number.

You can just imagine how I "Scream and Shout and Let It Out" at the creature at that time.

Recontracting is different from Rewards.

You have many disappointments in life.

But I will have to agree that you do not deserve both the rebates and the handset.  That's preposterous.

Did you avail or did you not avail a handset. Which is which?

As for your 6th Disappointment, while I do not agree with this, maybe you've ask the creature how you can avail the rebates.  Sometimes if you push a creature too much, they can promise you the moon or the stars. 

Oh well.

Manage your expectations from now on. Rebates and Handset are too good to be true. I can't take my eyes off you.

#WeDeserveBetter

We accept the things we thing we deserve.

- The Perks of Being WILL