1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 17, 2014 3:41 PM by spillett

Roaming Service Should Be Active Upon Arrival at Destination But It's Not

gbdr

I requested for roaming two days ago. Received an SMS from 2884 that it was confirmed and will be activated upon arrival at country of destination. Cambodia is listed under Zone 1. I have 200+  prepaid load prior to departure. Checked my Globe dasboard and the credits are intact. Been here in Cambodia since yesterday, but roaming is still inactive. Did manual network search, nothing. Revert to automatic, still nothing. Rebooted phone, switched sim slot (have dual sim). Activated Globe slot only. Still nothing.  No reply yet from twitter support. Doesn't want to go through the chat service. Is roaming with prepaid Globe delayed or dismal?

• Re: Roaming Service Should Be Active Upon Arrival at Destination But It's Not
          spillett

If the phone is not even finding a signal, then it suggests that there might not be a signal available where you are. Technically, when roaming, your phone should connect to any available signal, but in reality it has to be a signal operated by a network which has a roaming agreement with Globe. I'm afraid I can't say much more about that as I don't know the situation in Cambodia.

It's also worth just checking in your phone settings to make sure that roaming is enabled from that side, your user guide or the manufacturer's web site should be able to tell you how to do that in your particular phone.