14 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2015 3:28 PM by biosong

Recontracting / Upgrading

deadhungry

I just called globe hotline to inquire about anung rewards pwede ko makuha if upgraded and renew my plan. So they told me na eligible ako for rebate for two years. Ang question ko lang since I wanted rin a new phone i ask kung same ng new subscriber yung cash out ko for Note 3 which is 9600 apparently hinde daw kase either I have a cashout of 9600 or the rebate hinde daw pwede both. Is this correct?

• Re: Recontracting / Upgrading
          notevenfollowed

deadhungry

Yes. Tama po sila, pipili ka lang kung REBATE or FREE PHONE. Isa lang ang pwede mong piliin.

Have a wonderful day!

Claire14

@deadhungry

Yes that is correct. Handset Upgrade and Bill Rebate are two recontracting program for Globe Account. This program is also know as Loyalty. If in case you want to recontract you should choose between Bill Rebate or Handset Upgrade. one at a time.

deadhungry

thanks sa mga answers.

Ang question ko is below pag nag upgrade daw ako i have two options

Option 1 - rebate sa plan and buy a handset in full amount

or

Option 2 - Phone pero same cashout rate as new subscriber (a new subscriber needs to pay 9600 for a Note 3 with a 24 month lock-in period).

If i choose option 2, as an old postpaid subscriber ano po naging loyalty reward ko as compared to a new subscriber? retain my old number? yun lang po?

notevenfollowed

deadhungry

Tumpak po kayo, ang loyalty reward sa Option # 2 ay retain same number at no need to pass requirements (just valid ID).

deadhungry

So in short wala talaga reward. no difference to a subscriber renewing his contract at a new subscriber?

To be honest kase I don't think not passing any requirements or retaining my current number can be categorized as a reward.

notevenfollowed

deadhungry

As for the term "rewards" parang wala nga. Pero may difference naman kesa applying for a new line.

So, your choice. Rebates or Free phone just like a new subscriber. Lol.

ChitoReyes

The mere fact that they are offering a device or rebate is itself a reward as they are not obligated to offer anything if you would just continue your subscription. This is a marketing strategy that they have made since competition is also offering it. Consider the following service companies... PLDT, Meralco, Skycable and other cable TV companies including Cignal... Do they actually offer anything after your lock up period?

If I were you, forget the phone and just consider the rebate which right now amounts from 45% to 47% of your MRF. If you compute, you may get the phone cheaper outside and would be unlocked. Getting the rebate for the next 24 months would not lock you up and you may opt to get out anytime with an advance notice and you can use the savings to buy the phone outside which we mentioned would be cheaper and unlocked.

Just my thoughts.

felnue

hello! you may try to call the retention hotline to have your line cut.  Magooffer yan ng phone/rebates for recontracting. Sometimes, mas better ang ino-offer ng retention department kaysa sa loyalty department.

notevenfollowed

HIndi ba iisa lang yung retention at loyalty department?

felnue

magkaiba ang loyalty department at yong retention department. you may call 027301300, press 1 for english then 1 for mobile. 2 para irenew ang contract (loyalty yan) kapag 3 para magpadisconnect ng line (retention yan).

felnue

this is from a clever globe postpaid subscriber's point of view. hehehe. natapos na yong contract mo. kasi syempre love natin si globe, gusto natin i-extend ang contract with globe. tatawag ka ngayon sa loyalty department para magparenew ng contract, loyalty department would give you offers: free phone or rebate. sometimes, limited lang ang list of phones na maibibigay ng loyalty kaya syempre youll be disappointed. makakaisip ka ngayon na ipaputol nalang ang line. to do that, tatawag ka sa retention department. magtatanong ang retention department kung bakit ipapaputol mo ang line, then thats the time that you can say your piece.  as ive said sa previous post ko, sometimes mas better ang list of free phones ang maibibigay ng retention. sometimes pareho lang. pero think of it, sa retention, last chance na kasi yan ng retention rep para mapersuade ka na magstay as a globe postpaid subscriber.

felnue

unfortunately, yan kasi ang marketing mentality/strategy ng globe. sa mga subscriber na tatawag sa loyalty--alam nila na ang subscriber ay magstistick with globe. sa retention naman--alam nila na pwedeng mawala ang subscriber nila so todo offer yan.

RoveenCarlo

Kung hindi ksama sa FREE phones ung gusto mong phone, then pra n rin syang new account na inopen kasi u have to  pay pa.Sp technically, meron ka pa rin reward n nakuha from globe. I suggest kunin mo nalang ung Free phone then ibenta mo tas dagdagan mo nlng ung kulang pag bumili k ng bagong Note 3.. MY two cents.

biosong

just make sure na expected mo ang changes sa plan mo after recontracting.

FREE phones do have PV.

im not sure with cashout phones.