8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2016 11:35 AM by enchong.chua@live.com

When you read the Phrase "UNLIMITED LTE" on a mobile plan, what do you expect to get or what do you think it means?

angelmicx

Due to the recent boom in the topic about FUP the Questions I have posted seem to have gone unanswered as the negative response to the FUP is overwhelming. Now I am trying to get my answers to you my fellow G-tizens of this Community..

To start off, I asked Sir GlennO about the so called UNLIMITED LTE of Globe's Plan 1499 on Blackberry Q10. I asked if the plan will also be subjected to FUP since Sir GlennO was advocating that the "Unlimited Internet" we signed for can have either LTE, 3G, 2G or whatever as long as it has a connection. So I posted this question in the hope of giving him proof that FUP can't be applied to all plans.

His answer was posted on New Mobile Data Fair Use Policy for Postpaid on Feb. 01, 2014, sadly his answer was one of those posts that were deleted/not salvaged when they launched Globe Community 2.0. But because I was receiving Notifications via Email, I was able to save his answer. And here I Quote:

@angelmicx Unlimited LTE is a tier of internet connection. Internet si the general term for mobile data - may it be using2G, 3G, HSPA+, HSDPA, LTE). If your phone isn't capable of LTE or you are in a non-LTE area, it still allows you to surf at lower speeds. The ad just highlights that the phone is capable of connecting to LTE unlike other smartphones that don't have capability of such.

I tried to answer him by saying:

1. Unlimited LTE is indeed a tier of internet connection. That is true.

2. Internet is a general term for mobile data. But LTE is not a general term, it is a SPECIFIC TERM.

3. If either my phone or my location is non-LTE I can still connect with the next best connection. True.

4. The ad just highlights the phone's capability to connect to LTE as opposed to other phones that can't connect on LTE. Now why would you say UNLIMITED LTE if what you mean is LTE CAPABLE PHONE. If you are comparing the CAPABILITY OF THE PHONE, then it would be more logical to use LTE CAPABLE since the opposite of capable is uncapable. If you use UNLIMITED LTE the opposite of that is LIMITED LTE which would mean other phones can still connect albeit just limited. So you see, sir @GlennO your arguement is flawed. Unless of course you tell me that the one who proposed that ad is really terrible in english.

So you guys, what do you think of the phrase "UNLIMITED LTE", does it talk about the capability of the phone, or does it talk about the capability of the connection.

NOTE: GUYS PLEASE NO FLAMING AND FLAME-BAITING. It is not my intention to start a flame war. I just want to know if you have the same view in the matter as I am, or if you could somehow explain how sir GlennO came with his explaination.

• Re: When you read the Phrase "UNLIMITED LTE" on a mobile plan, what do you expect to get or what do you think it means?
          jhey024

FUP pa rin?

"UNLIDATA" - kung unli, unli dapat..ahahahah..

seriously, ayaw ko ng magcomment sa FUP issue na to..

papalitan na ng Globe ang name ng mga plan nila.. LimitedData Plan na.. para malinaw sa mga kukuha ng plan.

Quote ko lang to, "Internet si the general term for mobile data - may it be using2G, 3G, HSPA+, HSDPA, LTE"

2G is now useless.. especially sa mga smartphone. May silbi lang yan sa s60 na phone..

Kaya nyo pa bang kumonek sa "internet" gamit ang 2G?

Konti na lang po obsolete na ang 2G technology. Pawala na yan..

• Re: When you read the Phrase "UNLIMITED LTE" on a mobile plan, what do you expect to get or what do you think it means?
              angelmicx

Eto kasi ang trending eh but aside that, I have a lot of LOGICAL Questions that need LOGICAL Answers. As in an answer that isn't debatable.

Yun kasing answer ni Sir GlennO medyo tagilid eh.. Di ko lubos maisip na ang ibig sabihin pala ng UNLIMITED LTE is LTE CAPABLE PHONE. If I follow his logic eh di pag sinabi nilang UNLIMITED TEXT ang ibig sabihin TEXT CAPABLE PHONE.

Ginagalang ko si Sir @GlennO lalo na kasi alam kong intelihente siyang tao, kaya nga po nagtataka ako as to why he gave a very ILLOGICAL ANSWER.

PEACE.LOVE.PURPOSE.ANGELMICX

jhey024

UNLIMITED LTE goes with three conditions..

1. LTE capable Phone

2. LTE capable SIM

3. Location with LTE

angelmicx

That is true. As I have stated on my 1st post:

3. If either my phone or my location is non-LTE I can still connect with the next best connection. True.

But if I get the said plan 1499 of Blackberry Q10, I would already have a LTE Capable Phone and by default I of course would ask for an LTE Capable SIM, so if theoretically if I am in an LTE Area that would mean I should get an UNLIMITED LTE Connection.

What I would like to disagree on is the fact that the UNLIMITED LTE on the ad for Blackberry Q10 was explained away by:

The ad just highlights that the phone is capable of connecting to LTE unlike other smartphones that don't have capability of such.

Because I don not get the fact that you would use the term UNLIMITED LTE to describe the PHONE's capabilities since it would be misleading and gramatically wrong.

jhey024

what do you think of the phrase "UNLIMITED LTE", does it talk about the capability of the phone, or does it talk about the capability of the connection.

- - -it talks about the latter (capability of connection), kasi kung capability lang ng phone, you can describe it as simply as LTE phone or LTE capable phone.

But since, ginamit siya sa ad ng isang plan, kapag nabasa mo to.. ang papasok kaagad sa isip mo is that, "UNLIDATA to. Swerte na kapag my 4G sa lugar ko"

"The ad just highlights that the phone is capable of connecting to LTE unlike other smartphones that don't have capability of such."

- - they just stressing that in Blackberry Q10 globe plan, the highest and the unlimited data/connection that you can possibly experience is the LTE(4G).

angelmicx

jhey024 wrote:

what do you think of the phrase "UNLIMITED LTE", does it talk about the capability of the phone, or does it talk about the capability of the connection.

- - -it talks about the latter (capability of connection), kasi kung capability lang ng phone, you can describe it as simply as LTE phone or LTE capable phone.

***This is exactly what I was saying, you can't say UNLIMITED LTE and expect people to think that you are talking about the phone's capability.

But since, ginamit siya sa ad ng isang plan, kapag nabasa mo to.. ang papasok kaagad sa isip mo is that, "UNLIDATA to. Swerte na kapag my 4G sa lugar ko"

***Tama naman. Kaya nga kung may LTE sa lugar mo, eh di okay, kung wala, eh di yung susunod na best.

"The ad just highlights that the phone is capable of connecting to LTE unlike other smartphones that don't have capability of such."

- - they just stressing that in Blackberry Q10 globe plan, the highest and the unlimited data/connection that you can possibly experience is the LTE(4G).

***Eto yung answer ni Sir GlennO nung tinanung ko siya about dun sa UNLIMITED LTE na nakasulat sa ad ng Blackberry Q10. Sabi nya yung ad na yun
                              "just highlights that the phone is capable of connecting to LTE unlike other smartphones that don't have capability of such"
                              Kaya nga sabi ko na mali yun kasi yung UNLIMITED LTE na phrase does not translate to
                              the phone is capable of connecting to LTE unlike other smartphones that don't have capability of such.

To sum all it up
                              Sir GlennO is saying:
                                UNLIMITED LTE = the phone is capable of connecting to LTE unlike other smartphones that don't have capability of such

I am saying:
                              UNLIMITED LTE = unlimited connection to a LTE network if you have a LTE Phone, LTE SIM and LTE Location.

Which is LOGICAL, 1st or 2nd?

enchong.chua@live.com

If they use the term "Unlimited LTE" that means it should be exempted from FUP. Thus, they should not limit it because they said "UNLIMITED" use of "LTE."  They didn't say unlimited use of data only. If the speed will slow down then that can't be Unlimited LTE" but just "Unlimited data."  THAT IS FALSE PROMOTION and they can be sued for that according to DTI.