6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2014 9:02 PM by neilph

Unexplained billing adjustments

MattABC

My last Globe bill turned out to be over 4000 PHP (about twice my average monthly bill), even though I didn't recall any significant change in my usage that month. The billing statement also gave no clear indications for the deviation, simply two positions labelled "MY SUPER SURF PLAN" which were added to my monthly recurring fee without any further details

So i chatted globe to learn about the reason for these adjustments. The employee I was chatted with simply stated "Globe made necessary adjustment for you" and after I was asking WHY these adjustments occured, quite suddenly replied with "I need to close our conversation now". Luckally there are conversation transcripts.

Does anyone have an idea what might have been the reason or have you made similar experiences?

For me, when I get adjustments on my bill which can only be explained with "Globe made some necessary adjustments", it starts to appear a bit dubious. Let's hope they did not change basic conditions of contracts again mid-way.

• Re: Unexplained billing adjustments
          Claire14

@MattABC

May I ask if you've requested to change your plan? Because if that is the case the another charge for MY SUPER SURF PLAN is the one advance for your new plan. But for better assistance in checking your bill I advised you call the Hotline to check your claimed. Dial 211 using your phone or 02-7301000 for landline.

We cant check your account using Globe Community. Hope you understand.

Godbless!!

MattABC

Hi, thanks a lot for the reply. As far as I know, the only thing I requested for was reconnection, as I just returned from abroad after a longer stay. However, I paid regular bills even while my line was (supposed to be) disconnected, so I can't imagine that this would add that much to my bill.

Godbless

neilph

If you have paid your monthly bills regularly even if you're out of the country, then Globe must have billed you double. Go back to them again by calling the billing support at 211.

However, I would just like to ask you if your monthly bills properly reflect your payments? On what channels (online, etc) did you pay? If your monthly bills don't reflect some or all of your payments then you have to bring all your receipts to a GBC and present them for posting.

In any case, you should have not been disconnected if your payments are properly posted. About the adjustment, you may have been billed double for your MSF when you requested for reconnection.

Call the hotline again or visit a GBC to verify your payments and ask why you were disconnected even if you pay religiously.

MattABC

Hello neilph, thanks a lot for your reply.
                I make my payments with Credit Card (AutoPay), so every month I automatically pay the exact amount of the bill statement. 
                To try and get disconnected, I used the "temporarily disconnect my line" button on the account webpage (documented that with this screenshot here) Temporarily disconnected line globe.png However, since I still had to pay ordinary bills, i'm guess this didn't work. That's acceptable though, since I also didn't follow up on that anymore.
                However, still not sure about the last bill which turned out much higher than it should have based on my current contract and usage (even though i didn't return until Tuesday, i.e. early February). Will again try to find someone who I can explain it to me, but if anyone has a clue, i'm happy for inputs

neilph

I suspect that the adjustment is your MSF.  If the amount of the adjustment is equal to your MSF then you have been doubled. That should be reversed. At the very least, you will just have a prorated amount for MSF from the time you were actually reconnected to your billing cut off plus the advance 1 month MSF.