Changing or upgarding of the unit is allowed if the account is out of the Lock up. If you still under lock up or contract that is not allowed but if you are willing to pay the pay off fee to cancel the remaining contract with your existing phone you can request for upgrade as long as the preffered phone is available. If you want to confirm your contract please call the hotline and they will advise you how much will pay then.
Hope this will help you.
Hi redmojares welcome to the community..
May I ask a few questions.
1. When did you get the plan?
2. Did you get your plan online or on GBC?
3.What phone unit did you asked for? Was it the unit for 299, 499 or 599?
4. If you asked for the unit of 599 and got a 299 unit, what was their reason?
So these are my preliminary answers:
1. If your plan was ages ago and you are now out of the lock-in period, you can change your phone anytime be it by the loyalty department of by getting a new line and terminating the old line.
2. If the unit you asked for was 299 and you just got your plan (you are on lock in period) then chances are you won't be able to get it changed without some fees.