5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2014 9:52 AM by zyper95

Anyone else have issue with no speed increase?

novaccine

Hi, doublecheck ko lang. kasi i just called globe technical support. ang sagot nila is normal lang daw to. is it really true the case that if you had a speed increase the speed will not increase? dati kasi akong 2mbps, and now im on 3mbps. before i called in to increase my speed to 3mbps. i checked my speed, and now that im on 3mbps, i reformatted my computer to ensure na malinis kasi bagong setup yung PC ko, no antivirus, no firewall pa nga. kasing bilis lang yung internet speed ko sa nung before ako magreformat and magpaspeed increase compared to now. and nagsuggest sila na padala nang technician to check out my PC and my connections, i immidiately said yes, go ahead, because i want to have this checked quickly, since i wanted and needed this speed increase dealt with since im a youtube content creator and i need the speed. but when i immidiately said, yes, sila naman nagsabi na wag na kasi icloclose din daw naman agad and wala rin mangyayari. observe ko na lang daw nang another 1 week kung bibilis, despite the fact i already waited 1 week prior to calling. ganyan ba talaga? so what's the use of increasing your speed?

• Re: Anyone else have issue with no speed increase?
          zyper95

I don't which is true, I have the same concern when I upgraded my broadband speed. Base sa ads kasi walang naka-indicate kung ano yung service reliability percentage nung connection mo. When I called the hotline sabi nila 60% "daw" service reliability sabi ko masyadong mababa. What is your average download sa speedtest? Para ma-check mo kung ano yung average download speed mo try mo magdownload ng medyong malaking file, try to use download manager para makita mo yung download speed.

novaccine

yun nga eh. kasi before i upgraded my average speed was around 1.92-1.98 now that im "upgraded" my average speed is 1.94 - 1.92 so technically imbis bumilis bumagal... i know mataas to given i was at 2mbps. and more people have worse issues, but as a youtube content creator. dapat pala di na lang ako nagparelock in for a faster speed kasi mag mabilis pa yung 2mbps ko kaysa sa 3mbps now. im thinking hindi kaya yung slowdown is a result of "yes! naka lock in na sya, pwede na natin bagalan yung bandwidth nya kasi no choice na sya"

zyper95

As far as I can remember late 2010 or early 2011 they start implementing capping for broadband subscribers. I just don't know what the heck their network engineers are doing as if bottled neck ang connection nila. It is possible that they made some adjust on the connection regarding P2P and streaming kaya kahit 3Mbps pa connection mo mabagal pa rin pero sa browsing ok naman. Before I am hitting the 2Mbps connection before I upgraded kaya kahit mag stream ako ng 720p on Youtube no buffering. Now kung kelan nag upgrade ako 420p may slight lag na yung streaming ko aside from that humihinto yung streaming di naman disconnected. Try to call the hotline na lang kulitin mo regarding sa connection. Me ganun ang ginagawa ko now tawag ng tawag hanggang makuha ko yung 3Mbps speed.

novaccine

Thanks, i did just that but since you did it everyday... i figured i can bombard them a different way...  i went to their chat... and to their email... and to the phone... i finally got an answer... update you tomorrow to see if it worked.. kasi ang reason nila is naka 3mbps na raw ako sa billing system nila but sa network daw nila 2mbps pa rin ako... so im just getting billed for 3mpbs.... so wrong... so many things wrong with that...