36 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2015 10:24 PM by Jeian

DSL account password reset

bim27142

Globe, how can I reset my account password privately? I was told by the agent only them or the technician can do that? How good is that? That is exposure! I can't believe a company of supposedly good governance can just allow that to happen.

How on earth will you be able to guarantee that our account information will not be stolen by your techs and contractors? If you can convince me that this is not happening then I will leave them be... but for now, I am not comfortable with this!

If Globe can't give me an answer then please do better... this is absolute exposure and you are putting the account information of your subscribers at serious risk!

• Re: DSL account password reset
          voodoo_696

buti sa inyo sir pumayag na palitan.. ang sabi sa akin ng agent di daw pwede yun daw ang default pw.. isa yan sa mga concern ko nung unang kabit ng dsl namin.. yung technician na nagkabit pinagamit sa akin ibang acct dahil di pa daw active yung sa akin.. so dun p lang alam mo n agad na may mali at pwede gamitin ng kung sino ang acct natin.. ok lng sana kung walang FUP.. lol! sana bigyan ng pansin ng globe to no.. bakit di ibalik yung dating site na pwede mong palitan ang pw mo.. yung ikaw mismo magpapalit..

Jeian

I understand.

On installations, Yes, They use other pre-set account because your account is not yet activated. It was an account for testing purposes only. Ex. In wimax, When they install your modem you will experience slow browsing then after 24-48 hours sya maactivate.And yes, Globe Agents through the hotline and their technician have this kind of access while I prefer changing it via phone rather than a on-site technician as other on-site technicians are the one responsible for the hacking of the company that pays them

Jeian

Possible na palitan un. However, there were still no other ways to do this privately. You can only reset the password via an agent

bim27142

almost a year after...

nobody from Globe even bothered to dig about this... pathetic Globe forum site, nobody from Globe itself is even monitoring... pft...

by the way, this site even posted account name details and password.... Globe for f#5k's sake are you just going to allow this????? DO SOMETHING YOU IDIOTS!!!

Globe broadband DSL (Wired) -- Hacked accounts are useless now?

http://www.symbianize.com/archive/index.php/t-547208.html

aaron777

Bago lang po akong user ng globe dsl..hindi ko makuha point nyo po..panu ma hack ang account?

bim27142

This has not been confirmed NOR denied, so I would rather be paranoid than sorry...

Say, there is another Globe subscriber, lower plans, say 1mbps... then a tech who happens to know your username and password will give or use your username and password... then viola, your account/plan is already used by someone else... if your plan is higher, definitely "lugi" ka and syempre, kinain na bandwidth mo, capped ka na, etc...

Again, not been confirmed NOR denied but it is a possibility... not unless duplicate usage is not allowed in the system (which I highly doubt it)...

So, after 1 year, can someone from Globe DENY this possibility? And if you claim this is not possible, can you provide detailed reason and supporting documents that this security risk exposure can't and will not happen?

zyper95

I've been a Globe subscriber of their broadband since 2005 and so far wala naman akong na encounter na na-hack account ko pag nagpapareset ako or pinapabago ko yung account password ng broadband ko. Possible eto na rin ang reason why Globe switch to Carrier Grade NAT from the common Public IP Addressing (DHCP) ng broadband nila kasi using a simple freeware application pwede mo makita yung account name and password nung gusto mong i-hack na conenction. Sa Carrier Grade NAT, marami kayong subscriber na naghahati sa iisang public ip address ang downside nga lang bumabagal yung connection mo kahit normal ang speedtest result sobrang taas ang ping di na rin pwede port forwarding lalo yung mga gumagamit ng cctv kailangan pa nila ng static ip address.

gggrace11

@bim27142

sir anyupdate ? on this i would like to request also .. so that d ma clone un acounts natin ,

nettewurk

Already posted this private IP address concern for my inaccessible camera recently and site for monitoring your account but to no avail. Hope that the support is just taking sometime on how to resolve these matters...   

nettewurk

Speed?  I'm getting 2.4-2.6Mbps connection only for their advertised 3Mbps.  Unlike before from 512, 1M and 2M, I had these sustained speed for such time, except those peak periods.  Haay!!!

Jeian

Baka line parameter problem yan sir hahah. Kaso di nila yan pinakikielaman. Paguupgrade and downgrade lang

zyper95

3Mbps is burst speed, it does not mean you will get exactly as advertised that is why the ads says up to. I'm also subscribe to the 3Mbps getting same 2.4-2.5Mbps, if you will follow the 80% service reliability your subscription is in line with your current plan.

Jeian

Even though. At least in non-peak hours. You should get 3.0. It means that

the 3mbps includes the overhead. They should not advertise that. They

should include the overhead in their system and set it to about 3.2 ~ 3.5

to get 3.0Mbps to the maximum speed

On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 5:40 PM zyper95 <[email protected]>

zyper95

Yes, each DSL line is provided with overhead but it's just mere 5-7% just to compensate that could affect the line (see the screenshot below). However, you should also consider the factors that could affect the line specially degradation of the line, distance, and number of subscribers in the area. It does not mean you will get exactly what you subscribe for that is the reason on the ads it says up to and 80% service reliability. Not everyone will get what the plan they subscribe for.

nettewurk

That is why burst or peak speed is 3Mbps and I'm not referring to the CCIR (continuous throughput) you indicated.  Another fact is when I started Globe (Innove subscription) in the late 90's with 512kbps and had upgraded to 1Mbps, 2Mbps and now 3Mbps but I could get these speed rating, even higher than 100kbps (522k, 1.1M, 2.1M) .  Moreso, I could achieve the subscribed connection speed more than 80% of the whole day.  But now, even to spike until 3Mbps, it never reached to 2.6Mbps at all.  Maybe then, subscribers were few and carrier grade NAT was not yet then implemented.  It's like the recent advertisement wherein unlimited plan is promoted but you'll be capped, disconnected or throttled for some time.  It's sad that these concerns are only addressed thru technicality, debate or comparing one, instead of having to reconsider these feedbacks for reassessment and giving customers how you'll improve your services.   We know that these are not majority complaint yet but don't wait to reach the threshold where regret would come later.  Thanks for the response.

zyper95

That is my point, unlike before subscribers were able to achieve the max subscribe speed because of lesser user at the time. But, being realistic there a lot of Globe DSL, WiMax, and Broadband LTE are now subscribers who uses the same facilities that older subscribers are connected so technically you now have a lot of peers sharing one connection line. It's like connecting to a hotspot or Access Point if you are the only user you will get greater speed but if another one tries to connect to the same Access Point so basically your speed decreases because you are now sharing one connection what more if 10 more connects to it. So same thing with the Broadband. Now, you might be thinking why some subscribers of 1Mbps or 2Mbps able to achieve the max subscribe speed. The only thing I can think of is number of subscriber on the same plan. Right now if you will notice a lot of subscriber would like higher bandwith specially for online gamers. But then again, we sign a contract that Globe does not promise you will get the max subscribe speed and can only assure as of 80% service reliability (most csr will also tell you that only 60% of the subscribe speed is the assurance or acceptable connection aka parameters).

Jeian

Globe has capped and maintain the number of users per node(wireless) and

due to the huge numbers of hackers and guest users. We had slow browsing

called congestion. Though, DSL should not be affected by the congestion but

affected by inaccurate overhead calculations.

Online gamers also do not require very high-bandwidth. 3~5Mbps (Considered

basic speeds) are acceptable. They should have lower ping and jitter.

Though, congestion can increase the ping for an extended period of time in

a day.

The 60% is the basis to check if you expirience slow-browsing. However,

there are more such as ping and the signal quality. The 60% basis is not

the primary basis but the secondary basis of your line parameters are

correct and there were no problems found via the troubleshooting conducted

by the phone

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 10:57 AM zyper95 <

nettewurk

Already revised these line parameters but it didn't improve at all.  Using only Prolink H5201 cable modem.  Maybe that's why...

nettewurk

I don't recall signing 18 years ago that I can't get the maximum speed.  According to the Innove contract I had before, you can enjoy the peak connection you are presently subscribed unless the site is slow, compared to yor connection, since this is a shared connection, other users might be getting the bandwidth you should equally share thus not getting the maximum speeds, virus/malware/DDOS attack or the equipment (modem) you're using.  Sorry to correct you zyper95 but you are referring the new contract or may late 2000 contracts.  Mine has been upgraded from then on and I didn't sign any papers nor informed about what you indicated on 60% acceptance or reliability.

zyper95

Actually Globe Broadband was only introduced late 2006 under Speak N Surf. So basically, your 18 years ago is not correct Globe Broadband is only 9 years old. Take note that acceptability and reliability is two different terms. 60% acceptability is when your connection within this percentage range from the original subscribe speed is acceptable within the terms and condition of Globe. However, since most of this terms and condition is not explained or properly inform which created confusion with the subscribers even the FUP. Just like what Globe CEO Ernest Co said, FUP already exist even before but it was not strictly implemented at the time. Subscribers became only aware of the 60% minimum acceptable connection when they call the hotline. When I was offered the Speak N Surf as pilot subscriber the only speed that we can achieved at that time is "up to" 256kbps. Do you see the work "up to", Globe already used this term during that time but most of the time I only get either 50% or below the connection speed. And since internet connection was so in demand at the time and the only DSL line available are Bayantel or PLDT which very costly. Once I found my previous contract I will post it here so you will know.

jerrifecatalan

And we are now going away to the MAIN CONCERN and it seems that the person who has the main concern he didn't responding .. haha

>>> agree zyper95 so far haven't experienced issues with regards to the resetting password.. Im proud to be Globe Customer.. and im proud also that my friends uses globe services kahit papaano... nagkakaroon man ng frustration sometime but Globes trying their best for our customers not for the fake-customer trying to bashed and destruct globes loyal customers and we will not accept that to HAPPEN #GlobeProudCustomers #CreatingWonderfulWorldForCustomers