7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2014 1:16 PM by mad_bro

Globe LTE sim

mad_bro

Someone here using this sim (please see attached picture)?...I was able to get this last stock 2-in-1 sim from Globe. I know that this is a broadband sim so it is intended for data use but can you make or calls/text using this sim?...haven't tried it yet, but i can confirm that with SMART broadband sim, you can make/receive calls/text. Im using HTC One so Im looking for an LTE micro sim in prepaid. Please don't tell me it is not yet available since so many HTC One users already using the prepaid LTE sim from Globe. Even Globe Shangrila confirmed they have LTE prepaid micro sim but they are out stocks. Thank you1940321_811253698888804_195536352_n.jpg

• Re: Globe LTE sim
          notevenfollowed

I'm not so sure but I think it can make call/text. Problem is you will use your regular load as tattoo product don't have call/text promo.

If you have a prepaid credit, you are free to try to make call/text.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              ackissej

Hi @mad_bro,

I also a globe prepaid broadband sim. the difference is its not a combi sim like the one in the picture, and it works like a normal sim for mobile.

might be the one your thinking that couldn't use for calls and text if its on a postpaid line with a plan specified to be non-voice and text. so for that case the calls and text are barred.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  mad_bro

Thank's for the response, so what is the difference between the regular broadband sim and combi broadband sim?...If it works like a regular mobile sim which can make calls/text, it means you can subscribed to any Globe calls/text/surf promos using this sim?..It's prepaid sim by the way. Thank you

ChitoReyes

They have lots of those sims in Trinoma concierge kiosks the last time I checked. You can call/text surf and it can be called, texted and will work just like an ordinary sim.

"In this kit, you will find a 2-in-1 SIM. It works as a regular SIM and as a micor-SIM."

ackissej

it will work for calls and text. hmm.. registration to a promos for calls and text, i Haven't tried yet but i think it can. You can try to discover it by urself ..

mad_bro

Done testing the Globe LTE broadband sim on my HTC One and it's working like a regular mobile sim. I tested calls/text outgoing and it's fine, same with incoming calls no problem. Only, mobile data is disconnected during calls(i think it's normal?). Sim card menu is missing. Unknown number when checking your number in settings>phone identity. I have not yet tried registering to calls/text promos but i think it will work. Now i can get a 4G signal near my area unlike SMART lte sim. Overall, it's working on my HTC One although they advertised it as best for tablets.