4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2014 1:59 PM by angelmicx

Phone number unknown

mad_bro

My number is not showing on my phone. Tried checking it on settings>about>phone identity and number is unknown. I"m using Globe LTE broadband sim prepaid. It's not a phone issue since Globe ordinary sim and SMART sim, both numbers are showing but with broadband sim it's unknown. Your inputs will be highly appreciated.

• Re: Phone number unknown
          ChitoReyes

I would think that some sim cards were not programmed to show their numbers. Many of my Globe postpaid sims and a Sun postpaid sim also show "Unknown". A Smart postpaid sim I use is shown.

ChitoReyes

Globe stopped using a sim card menu since last year and instead, services could be accessed by dialing USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) code *143# for free.

The USSD code is a protocol used by GSM cellular telephones to communicate with the service provider's computers in real time and makes the sim card menu look and feel outdated so Globe and other service providers have totally abandoned that feature (sim card menu).

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                angelmicx

Wew, I thought I would also get to know how to get the number of a SIM but I guess there is no answer yet.. ^_^

Anyway you can just do the oldest way of knowing your phone number, either send a text message to your alternate phone number or you can "missed" call it.

For Prepaid though you need to load a card first. ^_^

1 of 1 people found this helpful