12 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2014 2:41 AM by zyper95

Upload Speed Problem

Jeian

As we all know, To get a response from the webserver we need to have request to them

So here's the story

From my very good working WIMAX, Plan 1299BNDL. I upgraded to Wimax, Plan 1099BNDL with Wifi Router (additional 12-mos. Lock-up). My Download Speed before was 1.8 - 2.0Mbps and the upload was 0.8-1.5Mbps to the tower with the frequency of 2612000. While when it was changed. I was connected to another tower with the speeds of 1.5-2.0Mbps and 0.11-0.23Mbps. I tried calling the hotline for this case but seems that they don't have any upload guarantee. On the other hand, I have me tried it by bringing my Wimax else where to check if the problem is in my tower but on another tower with the same frequency of 2612000 at a new location it also brought me the same service that my upload speed is slow while the download speed is acceptable.

On the other hand, due to the slow upload speed, I upload music in about 10min (Before 3Min). A document about 5min (Before 1Min).

When we browse even just facebook with 2-3 devices. We experiences "No Response From Server" means that our web request is not received by the server + due to the congested upload speed, the ping also says higher than 1000+ or at other times Request Time Out cutting my internet connection for a short period of time. And it takes long if I am uploading

I have a friend of mine having this and the advice is either to:

1. Migrate = Change From Wimax to LTE

My Side: I can't, I don't want to pay Globe for the lousy service for it to be repaired. They are the one who should give me rebates due to I cant use my internet properly. If they just remove the Lock-up period or just continue it on the new service type without paying more? I cannot pay more than 1,000 as it could be near as my MSF

2. Change Modem =

Globe and My Side: Globe don't allow to change modem because it is working properly with the download speed. Although a 3rd party technician advices me to break the modem for them to repair it.

3. Terminate Account

Do you think I really do this? I need my home network's brain

--
      What do you think and thank you for reading this long story

• Re: Upload Speed Problem
          qwertykey24

We always have NTC to help us if there are areas of irregularities we are having problems dealing with their frontliners.

http://www.ntc.gov.ph/contactus_regionaloffice.php

My tattoo broadband (Globe) and my router is very good speed. Since from the start up to today. And now my problem is nothing.     ☺

rapak

ganito rin problema ko ngayon, noong una yung upload speed ko is at 0.3 mbps ngayon nasa 0.08 nalang at kapag nag upload ako sa FB ng photos or files super lag na ng internet ko

mbakukang

ihave the experience with tattoo...i paid for 3Mbps but got 300kbps only...which is 10% of the advertised speed....and i lived next to a tower...due to system upgrade...and countless explanations...tomorrow i will make a dry run again to see details of my internet speed and understand the technicalities....hope i will get refund or rate reduction in congruence to speed deficiencies...of which it will never happen...the catch there is...YOU WILL GET A "MAXIMUM OF" which gave the ISP provider the best waiver to cover themselves with situations like this..CLEVER....SORRY I THINK IM ON THE WRONG FORUM...if what im posting here is not right, then i am very much willing to withdraw...but i need to find a place to speak up with my concerns with G

zyper95

At least your still getting connection even it is slow others experience no connection at all. I said this because I experienced it personally with by Globe DSL Broadband no connection at all for 3 days and my worst was 7 days even the landline is not working. The good thing with Globe if you report an issue with your connection they are much willing to provide you bill rebate on the number of days you are not able to utilize the subscribe plan. In other telco, even you don't have a connection you will still pay the monthly fee in full with no consideration.

mbakukang

i can prove you wrong about rebates for no connections reported my our land based DSL bundle...my worst experience of which i made myself a complete details of exact Running Time and Down Time, how many calls i made, what the corresponding complaint references, even time of call and who received my calls...only after more 6 requests, and 6 complaint references and more than 10 days since first request was made for techs to come to fix my erratic connection (on-off-on), that they came at last to find out and change a broken wire from the main post to our house. But no rebate was imposed on us...despite the solid proof that REAL problem existed that caused the problem which is supposed to be an outright and unquestionable reason for rebate to be implemented since the line techs are supposed to make a professional report of what has been done to close the complaint in the same Customer Complaint System (database) accessible by the Billing Department to reference the rebate...yet nothing!!! I made the 1st call, they said they will send the tech the following day...then a tech will call you on the 2nd day asking hows the line..people other than me (specially during daytime) may have answered and said the line is running...then they close the complaint that easy...2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th calls happened almost the same way...they do systemic check and my connection is system ok uo to my point of connection (nearest lampost) then they close the complaint by themselves...the succeeding complaint numbers does not constitute a continuation of the previous complaints thus it did not accumulate complaint days for them to apply rebates...BOTTOMLINE...i had my connection cut already after a little while...so thank you.

zyper95

I can relate to your problem. Actually, during their initial offering of Globe Broadband (Speak and Surf days) I had so many issues with the whole duration of my 2 years contact as I am plague with problems with my connection. I also had bad experience with the hotline that lead me to loose my temper at the agents. I even went to the Business Center to file complain with no result, so I went to their head office so they can personally address my problem. Right in there one of Globe representative personally took care of my issue, she even ask me to write down the months I had issue with the connection. She then compute everything and file immediately the bill rebate (almost 6 months to be exact) and it was approved on the same day. Then they even offered me to migrate to their WiMAX which was their latest connection at the time which has a higher monthly but they followed my old plan since they offered it as an alternative solution. Then they even called me up when the DSL line is already available in our area, this is even before they announce the promo for the DSL Broadband. The bottomline, we are free to chose to whom we will be subscribing if we feel that we are not receiving the service that we opted for. This is the reason Globe created this community, so subscribers can post their concern/complaints so they (Globe) will know how to further improve the services they offer. Thank you for sharing us your experience though it may be negative, still it is worth it for Globe to look into this so they can avoid this in the future.

zyper95

You already answered your own question it's congestion with the upload speed. We all know that Globe provide ADSL connection and not SDSL connection. If you really wanted a high upstream rate, try to request if Globe provide SDSL connection for  your area or for home use.