7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2014 6:04 AM by zyper95

Globe unlock?

mr.j

Good day globe community,

How will i unlock my iPhone 4 that`s off contract already? i wanted to use another carrier but its locked. Please help me with the steps on unlocking a Globe locked phone.

Thanks!

• Re: Globe unlock?
          neilph

Globe does not offer that service.  If you want, try some stores in Greenhills. Caveat lang about the result and the price.

ishtangli

Unfortunately, we are still far from implementing a similar bill recently passed in the US, the legal unlocking of off-contract mobile devices.

Here's something funny, if you read your mobile service agreement, it states there that you are NOT ALLOWED to unlock your phone, on or off contract. However, if you call their HL and ask about it, they will tell you that you can have it done "elsewhere".

XyujinX

Try to visit a local cellphone technicians. Hindi lang din ako aware kung may ganitong service sa mga Apple store.

zyper95

The only way to unlock an iphone is using jailbreak exploit however this will depend on the iOS version and baseband if it is supported.

ishtangli how I wish our congress would consider to pass this kind of legislation so subscribers who are already off-contract can have their device unlocked and legally.

ishtangli

This is why I don't get phones from Globe. I don't like "renting" my device.

f0xG3

I'll probably buy my own phone instead. After all, Globe may charge the phone steep than the ones offered out there if you sum up your contract terms against the price of the phone.

Just make sure you did some research regarding compatibility with Globe's Network regarding such phones

zyper95

There are some devices telcos provide that are factory unlock yun nga lang tsambahan. I have a friend who got his LG G2 factory unlock so he can switch sims when he needs to.