3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2014 7:37 PM by lawrence0921

Does Globe submit delinquency reports to CMAP? How does this affect your credit score?

lawrence0921

Hello! I have a few very important questions. I have 4 postpaid accounts with Globe and there are instances that I sometimes fail to pay my bills on time (usually late for 3-5 days but always before the next cutoff) although all of my accounts are still active.

One miserable example would be when I renewed my contract last April 2013 so I could get the Samsung Galaxy S4 at Plan 1799 with Php 4800 cashout. The billing statement that followed got me panicky as it showed I had to pay over Php 20,000. Apparently, I was being charged the full device amount. After 4 AGONIZING months of phone battles with Globe and with the intervention of an NTC officer (which I contacted via email), the issue got resolved. BUT it left me with over 4 statements of overdue balances. (Contact me @lawrenceagpasa should you want to want to get the NTC email address for your own benefit).

Here are my questions:

Does Globe submit delinquency reports to CMAP or BAP like most credit card companies do? How do overdue balances affect my credit score? Or does Globe just submit the names of subscribers with delinquent(and terminated accounts) to CMAP or BAP? Do we even have credit scores in the Philippines like in other countries? Are CMAP and BAP considered credit bureaus that generate credit scores?

I am highly concerned of my financial future and I will not let a bad credit history put me down.

Thank you very much!