19 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2014 6:13 PM by WILLfindways

Inside job ba ito?

djpat16

So nadeliver sakin yung SIM ko nung Saturday, nung Sunday nag activate. Tapos kahapon, Monday, may naresib agad akong text na ganito:

Globe:You're one of the lucky postpaid subcribers to receive a P500 bill discount. To claim, just text: 500 and send to 29157832903 or 29157891502

Ano to sideline ng mga agents?
        • Re: Inside job ba ito?
          notevenfollowed

@djpat16

Wag mo na lang masyadong pinagpapapansin yang mga spammer at scammer na yan. Basta kapag may nagtext sayo na hindi mo kilala ignore mo na lang.

Pwede mo ring silang ireport sa twitter. I-tweet mo lang si @talk2GLOBE kasama ang screenshot ng text.

WILLfindways

Hello, Fellow Wonderful Creatures!

Inside Job? 

You are just one of the unlucky creatures.  You may consider it as an inside job if the message has your complete name in the message:

Network : Hello there, Poncious Pilate! You're one of the lucky postpaid subcribers to receive a P500 bill discount. To claim, just text: 500 and send to ...

These creatures are subscribed to UnliText Plan/Promo. They can use any number possible in their Inside Job

#WeDeserveBetter

We accept the things we think we deserve.

- The Perks of Being WILL

djpat16

Hi there,

I just thought that way because I just got my sim. And I only texted a few people informing my new number. I am aware of some numbers texting offering loans or real state in most of the postpaid subscribers. But this?! How the hell she/he knows that I'm a postpaid subscriber?!

And the text message obviously instructing me to share a load to another number. I am not new to spam messages but what's cracking my butt out is that I just got this SIM and I never encountered this kind of spam message when I was a prepaid subscriber.

#IDeserveAnEnplanation

Gail .

if the sms is coming from 4 digit numbers (4438 , 8888, 2910) well, maybe. but if not, and it is coming from 11digit mobile number, that is probably SPAM. you can report that over the Hotline. 211 or (02) 730-1000 open 24hrs.

nev3rmind

Bili ka ng prepaid sim tapos bawian mo, text mo din ng same message tapos palitan mo yung number nung prepaid number mo.

lablab

hi djpat16 : since you receined that message from 11 digit no. you can report that to NTC, so that they can blcok the no. and dont even try to reply. If your residing here in manila, here;s the Hotline of NTC 02-926-7722.

djpat16

Thanks to all of your responses. I'm just wondering if there are any of you guys out there received the same kind of spam message. Will be reporting this soon. Paano nalang yung ibang mga wala masyadong alam, malaking halaga din yung 500.

lablab

Iyour always weLcome djpat16: I've heard about that issue before from my friend, and sad to say' most of them follow the syntax that was sent to them, hmm .. yeah your right that's why, in that case the only way is to report it to NTC, or block that no. using your monile or download some apps to block unexpected no.s.

neilph

marami pang katulad nyan na mga messages.  just ignore them, report to globe's twitter and delete messages from your phone.

when you received your SIM e hindi naman yan malalaman ng delivery guy yung number mo as far as my experience is concerned.  unless the SIM card is prepaid, postpaid SIMs don't have numbers printed on the card or anywhere else.  You even have to call another number to know your own number when activated.

WILLfindways

Thank you for that wonderful question.

I think I received this kind of message years ago. But the New Roaming message is a classic example of how some creatures will try to fool other creatures.

IMG_20140402_074703.png

IMG_20140402_074716.png

IMG_20140402_074732.png

IMG_20140402_074751.png

#WeDeserveBetter

nev3rmind

I think may thread na dati na ginawa for scam messages hindi ko lang sya makita sa ngayon.

Meron din ako nareceive na ganyang message, nagkukunwari na tinetext nya is mama nya.

Sinagot ko na patay na ang mama nya at ako na bagong may ari nung number, hindi na sumagot ulit

nev3rmind

Yup that's it!

lablab

pare-parehas lang tayo ng experiences, Halos kami sa bahay nakareceive din ng ganyan WILLfindways.  tama lang talaga na ireport yan .. naprovide ko naman na ang hotline ng NTC, pwde nyo po tawagan para ,ablock agad  and mga spammers.

WILLfindways

I understand. I don't want to waste my wonderful reporting every sms from real estate agents, credit card agents, Caritas, OFW wannabes, etc,.

I will leave that to Gilberto and Ren Ren GIBO and notevenfollowed

Have a great day!

#WeDeserveBetter

gianthegreat0920

A little bit of reminder DONT waste your time and effort in thinking about those kinds of SPAM MSGS it might ruin your day! Or you may call the hotline, provide them the number and let them do the work in blocking those numbers. Hope it helps! Thanks!