38 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2014 6:51 PM by GlennO

Lock-up Period for Rebates

drigomeister

Hi,

I am up for recontracting, but I don't like the phones that are being offered at the moment. The CSR told me that I can avail of rebates but it comes up with a lock-up period of 24 months. I asked her, what if I want a new phone at the 6th month of my lock-up period (for the rebates), can I avail of the new phone, she said yes. So I was just wondering, what is the 24-month lock-up period for with regard to rebates if you can opt out of it anytime? Or did I miss anything?

Thanks!

• Re: Lock-up Period for Rebates
          hcescala

drigomeister  when you availed plan rebates you have a lock up period for 2 years means another contract but you can change that reward into handset anytime during the contract period. Globe prefers handset ang kunin mo instead na rebates, siguro for inventory at mas malaki kita paghandset kukunin ng subscribers. If i were you, continue with rebates then buy a handset na gusto mo sa mga gadget store ^^

notevenfollowed

Hi @drigomeister

AFAIK rebates don't have lock-in periods, you can opt-out whenever you like.

I suggest you clarify this with the @talk2GLOBE twitter team, they're the best of all Globe CSR.

ChitoReyes

Hi drigomeister... A bill rebate for recontracting is simply the amount that could be deducted for a period of 24 months. There is no lock up period and the subscriber could opt out anytime to avail of a better offer like a handset or even a bigger bill rebate (yes, I have already experienced this).

Presently, the bill rebate is around 43% to 47% of your existing Monthly Recurring Fee (MRF).

All CSRs I have spoken to would always say that there is a lock up period of 24 months which is only half the truth because the 24 months lock up pertains to Globe (an not the subscriber) being obligated to give the subscriber bill rebates of a fix amount for 24 months and could only be amended if the subscriber opts not to avail of it anymore.

angelmicx

Hi Sir ChitoReyes ask ko lang po kasi medyo related naman. Sabi ni Sir GlennO sa isang post (hindi ko na ma-search, pero I'll try to look for it again) yung Bill Rebates is applicable lang po to NON-best ever plans..

End of Contract ko na po kasi this May 17 (12-month contract lang po yung plan ko).. Best Ever My Globe Superplan po ang akin and I want to know if there is a possibility na makakuha na lang ako ng rebate instead of a handset.

ChitoReyes

Hi angelmicx... 6 of my accounts were converted into "Best Ever" Plans with Bill Rebates. Possible - YES. But not all CSRs know how to do it.

angelmicx

How do I/we go about telling them that it is possible?

(although after knowing just now about the change from SuperSurf to GoSurf of the Internet Scheme, I dunno if I'll ever recontract)

On a completely different yet related note:

If you choose to continue without recontracting, that would mean you'll get reward points for every peso you pay out of contract, right?

Will it not be enough to compensate for the rebate? I mean from what I've read, 1 point = 1 Peso.

Because if it is almost of equal value, I think it will be a great alternative to the bill rebate.

ChitoReyes

From my experience you really have to go to a Globe Business Center with a CSR who knows how... Shang, Magnolia, would be some of the places I went to. Forget about Megamall... they will always say they will call but they never do. It is important that you know that it was made possible by citing a number which was successful so they would know how to do it.

Regarding your second concern, though the mechanics seem to be simple, I still do not get how they compute rewards and if you are correct then perhaps it would be better not to recontract as your total bill would be the amount of rewards you would be getting.

Note however that Globe from my almost 20 years of being a subscriber, is known to change its mechanics at anytime they think without proper dissemination of information.

Paulo D

Hi angelmicx!

Welcome to the Community! To answer your question, you have the option to either avail Bill Rebates or Handset Upgrade for Best Ever My SuperPlan Re-contracting.

Have a Wonderful Day!

angelmicx

Thanks paulos It has been long since I have posted here...

Like I said, I know it is possible (since I have Sir ChitoReyes ' account as proof). But also it is not something that can be done on the get go because most CSR would deny that for Best Ever.

As a note, there was also a post from GlennO that the Bill Rebates is for Non-Best Ever only. (although I don't know how to get back from that post, I don't know how to search it.)

Thanks for the reply though. ^_^

Hi angelmicx It's great to see you here again Yup, paulos is correct - the policy has been amended to cater to Best Ever mySUPERPLAN

ChitoReyes

Hi GlennO... apparently not all CSRs nor managers know about this (specially Megamall) even if I show that it is possible by citing out more than 10 accounts under different names. They claim to have called the head office and different branches to verify but pffft... nothing happens and they are still in limbo. So they promise to call me up but I know being a veteran of nearly 20 years that the promise would just be just lip service. I was right. (This was just 2 weeks ago).

Hi ChitoReyes - great feedback. Can you still remember the date you visited and the name of the personnel you were able to talk to? What was your exact question? Thanks!

ChitoReyes

Hi GlennO... this was sometime the last week of April and I would surely go back there and get the name.

I tested the Quezon Avenue branch on May 6, 2014 and a certain Nonet entertained me. Lucky as there were only a few people at that newly renovated branch with a poorer air conditioning system compared to before so people were sweating.

I initially asked Nonet if it was possible to convert a plan enjoying bill rebates to the "Best Ever" plan through a parallel cost migration (same MSF) so that the subscriber could enjoy the extra PVs offered by the Best Ever plan in which she responded No.

So I had to show her the list of numbers of subscribers who had done this and as soon as she verified she went backdoor probably to ask somebody else. In all fairness to her, she said that she will try to process the transaction and that they were not informed that it was possible but upon asking she said it was possible. i was even asked her if there was a memorandum that was issued so we can tell other subscribers about it as reference they could give for other CSRs to refer to in case they insist that it is not possible. Again she said there was none.

According to her, the possibility of migration was just very recent but when I gave her some accounts which were migrated last year, she was in disbelief.

GIBO

I was misinformed about this PV thingy. The Rewards Department and Globe SM Aura insisted I get a new phone should I decide to renew my contract. I called the Hotline and I was offered a bill rebate of 237/month. These people are not calibrated. I decided to cancel the phone line last week due to my frustrations.

ChitoReyes

GlennO wrote:

Hi ChitoReyes - great feedback. Can you still remember the date you visited and the name of the personnel you were able to talk to? What was your exact question? Thanks!

I went back there 2 days ago (she was not there) and yesterday (she was there!) just to be able to follow up this question... Her name was Mylene.... I just winked at her.

Just to update... Quezon Avenue was able to do it.

ChitoReyes

My other account is about to finish its initial contract period (24th month) of which it was converted into the "Best Ever" plan previously.

I called the hotline 11am today and a certain Nico entertained me. Again, he said that bill rebates do not apply for "Best Ever" Plans in which I referred him to accounts which I knew were enjoying the Best Ever with bill rebates in which he confirmed he took a look at.

He said he would elevate the matter to his superiors as they did not have any information nor were they advised that such a policy was already amended contrary to what GlennO was mentioning in this thread.

There must be a problem in cascading such information within Globe and I do hope there would some consistency in dealing with these things. I guess I would have to go to a business center where they know hoe to do such things.

Thanks for this again, ChitoReyes. I'll be coordinating internally to have this checked.

ChitoReyes

Any word on this GlennO?

I was informed that this could not be done through the hotline as the system would not want to accept it. The problem is that all bill rebate concerns are now being handled by the hotline and not by the business office.

There is a way however but it would take a more tedious effort (and lining up in a business center) and a coordination between the hotline and the business office. Unless there would be a change in the glitches of the system then we might have to resort to this just to be able to take advantage of those "amendments".

RetentionWarrior .

Hi Chito,

In regards to your concern where in an account is enjoying the bill rebate while the plan is under BEMSP, it is true that the account cannot avail the Bill rebate if it is under BEMSP as discused to you by "Nico". however if the Bill rebate was availed while the account is NOT YET under BEMSP this could be possible. maybe the account you are referring to was under My Fullyloaded plan or MSP or a legacy plan when the Bill rebate was availed, and was only upgraded to BEMSP after availing the BR. To Gleno you may refer to recontracting policy guide for BEMSP. in response to your concern regarding business center and the contact center. they follow the same process and information however it is best if you could speak to one of the Retention officer or a Recontracting office which is in best possition to answer your queries than the GTBC. you may reach them through this hotline number. 02-7301300, follow the voice prompt dont worry this is free of charge using your mobile postpaid number though it is a landline number. and i can guarantee to you that they will give you the right answer to your queries. I hope this will answer your questions and have a great and wonderfull day ahead.

angelmicx

I have been following this post with paulos and GlennO saying Rebate is possible now in BEMSP BUT on the other hand mobilesavedesk saying it is still not possible..

So I would like to know which is true... and if what our Community Manager is correct, may I have the document number for the ammendment policy (if there is) so that I may tell them (the Hotline) about it.. If there is none, how would I convince them that there has been an ammendment and that Rebate is now possible with BEMSP?

RetentionWarrior .

PLEASE REFERE TO THIS.  

18. Bill rebate will not be offered as a form of Recontracting for Ultima plan holders.

It may only be offered for customers under the Legacy plans.

19. Bill Rebate Terms and Conditions
                                                              a. Contract period starts upon posting of the first bill rebate.

b. Transfer of ownership is not allowed within the contract period for it will entail forfeiture of remaining bill rebate.

c. Bill rebate for the month is forfeited if account is temporarily disconnected. Bill rebate seeding resumes upon reconnection of the account.

d. Plan upgrade is allowed and the amount of the rebate shall follow that which is designated for the new plan.

e. Plan downgrade may be allowed but remaining rebate should follow the amount of rebate for the new plan.
                                                              kms reference Item ID : 62886
                                                                  angelmicx

Hi Sir mobilesavedesk .. I actually agree with what you just have posted and I am not discrediting anything that you are posting, but as what Sir paulos and Sir GlennO have posted THERE HAS BEEN AN AMMENDMENT TO THE POLICY.

Kaya po it is a possible that SUBSCRIBERS LIKE US don't have an access YET to the said POLICY AMMENDING DOCUMENT. Yung po ang reason kaya po nagtatanong ako ng document number (or anything) as a reference to the said ammendment of policy.

Yun lang po.. ^_^

RetentionWarrior .

Hi if there is an ammendment on the policy, the Retention and Recontracting team will be the one to know first aside from the Globe Marketing team. since they are the implementing dept. of the Bill rebate. also what i posted above is the current handling and updates from the centralized information sysytem that we have. both recontracting and Retention Dept uses the same information. I hope this informations will not confused the reader for MAY bE if there is really an ammendment this is not yet implemented and MAY BE it is still under evaluation and Approval. hope this clarify the issue.

angelmicx

Oh... Thank you for clearing that up Sir mobilesavedesk ...

Anyway I'm just curious, do you work in/with Globe? Kasi po sabi nyo Community Member lang kayo so I was under the impression that you are not connected to Globe (besides being its subscriber).

So let's just wait for paulos and GlennO 's reply on why they have stated that there has been an ammendment.  ^_^

RetentionWarrior .

hahhaha, I am curently working with Globe as a Data Analyst for Both Mobilesavedesk and Retention Wireline but no longer taking in calls and i have no connection nor power on this comunity for this is a Different Dept.  I am just on the Internal process reports Analytics and Insight. , I also previously handling calls for Postpaid Mobile (Retention) thats why i can still answer your queries, and of course I am also a previous Knowledge Base admin thats why i know the proceses

Hi angelmicx! We have clarified this with the appropriate group and have confirmed that Best-Ever mySUPERPLAN doesn't have an offer for bill rebate as its recontracting scheme. We stand corrected and apologize for what we have communicated earlier.

Hi ChitoReyes. We're doing a re-cascade to all of our agents in Stores and hotline to reiterate this policy. Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                                                            ChitoReyes

As I mentioned 2 posts back, a workaround is to have the best ever converted to a similar legacy plan, avail of the bill rebates then bring it back to Best Ever once the bill rebates are being applied.

RetentionWarrior .

https://community.globe.com.ph/

15. Customers who are on an Ultima Plan will NOT be able to go back to their Legacy Plans or MSP.
                                                                                16. Customers who will change their plan to ANMSP can no longer go back to their Legacy Plans
                                                                                    ChitoReyes

If future conversions would not be made possible anymore then I would be the first to say that the Best Ever Plans may not be as worthwhile as first thought if Bill Rebates would not be made possible. It would actually come out more expensive since one would be forced to avail of a gadget that is priced higher than outside or forced to avail of services which may not be consumed.

If only for the bill rebates which would still be the more practical way of cost effectiveness, then the Legacy Plans would be worth keeping then the newer "Best Ever Plans".

Again, a marketing strategy to woe subscribers to spend more and for Globe to keep its revenues intact.

RetentionWarrior .

and that is also one reason why i always emphasized on my post the term"Perks of Recontracting", and that is also one advantage of recontracting than terminating your line and Get a new line.   but is always your choice to choose which is best for you. for clarifications you may always call the Hotline 02-730 1300  mondays to sundays from 8 am to 10 pm daily even on holidays unless further notice. this is free of charge using your mobile postpaid. God bless..

GIBO

The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I cancelled one of my phone lines because of the run around.

When I called the Hotline, I was promised the moon and the stars above. When I made another call to confirm if indeed I get the rebate, I was told it is not possible. This is a fact and I have the name of the agent I spoke to. I also have the time stamp. I challenge you to listen to the conversation.

Agent's name: JAM (male)

Call date: February 4, 2014

Time stamp: 11:50AM

Calibrate your workforce in the Save Desk. Fulfill your promises. NKKLK kayo. Puro misinformation.

qwerty013

Are the rebates automatically deducted in the bill? Because as far as I know my bill starting april 20 will have this rebates but in the outstanding balance it is still not deducted. Thanks.

qwerty013

Thanks.