How do caching works,
When you open facebook.com, All users are opening the same image http://www.facebook.com/favicon.ico which is about 64 bytes and lots of "https://fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net/rsrc.php/v2/yG/r/Dp4ZyEUChD-.css" or CSS Files. When this 64bytes logo + css(1000bytes) + html(500-1Mb) = 1564bytes to 2.064Megabytes.
664bytes x 100,000(users) = 66,400Megabytes!
Instead of going to the WWW network, Globe could have this type of caching technology as it can maintain their network fast and reliable + lesser bandwidth costs.
How Web Caching Starts
Web caching works as follows:
- A user accesses a Web page.
- The network analyzes the request, and based on certain parameters, transparently redirects it to a local network cache.
- If the cache does not have the Web page, it will make its own Web request to the original Web server.
- The original Web server delivers the content to the cache, which delivers the content to the client while saving the content in its local storage. That content is now cached.
- Later, another user requests the same Web page, and the network analyzes this request, and based on certain parameters, transparently redirects it to the local network cache.
Instead of sending the request over the Internet and Intranet, the network cache locally fulfills the request. This process accelerates the delivery of content.
The important task of ensuring that data is up-to-date is addressed in a variety of ways, depending on the design of the system.
The Benefits of Localizing Traffic Patterns
Implementing caching technology localizes traffic patterns and addresses network traffic overload problems in the following ways:
- Content is delivered to users at accelerated rates.
- WAN bandwidth usage is optimized.
- Administrators can more easily monitor traffic.
Privacy is not a matter as the caching technique Globe should choose is not a proxy type one but a router type one. Also HTTPS request should not go to the proxy. As the information is secure.
Just found it out on the net and shared baka may suggestions din kayo kay globe