26 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2015 2:50 PM by biosong

Recontracting vs Ending a contract and getting a new line.

angelmicx

Hello fellow wonderful creatures (opps, that's Will's line..)

My 12th bill will be this 17th of May for my 12-month contract which means I will be eligible for recontracting. I have been browsing/reading articles about recontracting and I am still confused about how it is an advantage over the other.

So may I ask what exactly is the advantage of RECONTRACTING as opposed to ENDING THE CONTRACT and GETTING A NEW LINE? And what would you advice I should do, Recontract or end and start anew?

By the way, follow-up question po, sabi kasi ni Sir GlennO on one of his post, yung rebate for recontracting is just for NON-bestever lang, is that true to all? Or just for the non-VIPs like me?.. Hehe..

Thank you for your opinions.

• Re: Recontracting vs Ending a contract and getting a new line.
          notevenfollowed

Hello fellow wonderful creature! Lol.

Kung may SuperSurf combo ka and willing ka magstay pa sa Globe, don't recontract or end your contract coz you will be force to get GoSurf w/c is a totally a cap data subscription.

Para kasi sa akin, okay na yung 3GB + unli 2G for the rest of the month.

Jeian

Follow-up

1. Yes, due to gosurf. May 1,500 and 3,000 data-bill shock. Means kahit 5,000 ang dapat mong bayaran kay globe for data, iwawaive un ni Globe.

2. I think still 1GB/Day. Still using it and no problems yet

ssoB_Yacci

aside from the go surf and unli surf matter.

you dont need to submit again requirement and wait for approval..

angelmicx

ssoB_Yacci I would get the same effect because I have 3 lines at globe, even if I end my 2nd line and get a new line, I don't have to give a requirement and wait for the approval..

Proof is when I was getting my 3rd line, I just went at a GBC, asked if the unit I want is available, filled-up some forms, paid the advance fees+cash out after which I got to take my new phone on that same day (or night to be exact)...

So thats it... ^_^

RetentionWarrior .

Hi, sorry for the late reply and by the way in regards to your question though i am not a inbound agent and a merely menber of this community here is my answer to your querry. the advantage of recontracting VS the new aquisition is that when cancell an account the tenure of that account will also be terminated or will stop. which is a dis advantage on your side especially if Globe has a promo that offers only in recontracting, (as we all know all is possible in Globe) also it is a hassle transfering your contacts, changing all your mobile numbers on profiles as well as informing all your contacts that you are no longer using your old number and this is your new number especially for those who has a critical business transactions, also the the phone offers to recontracting as well as to the new line is the same. you dont need to go to GTBC to and wait for your turn you just need to call the hotline even you are at home, office and anywhere.. if you are not decided yet for the new phone that you want to avail and if your plan is not yet BEMSP you still has tha chance to avail the Bill rebate while waiting for the good phone offers (save as much as 47% on your monthly service fee) let say for example your plan is 499 save 237 pesos you will only be paying 262 peson with the same service and perks that you have on your current plan, a bis savings right. and the most important thing is you are building a relationship that most of the subscriber is not aware of, remember when Globe luanched the iphone 5S most of the good sides are on the recontracting side why? you can get that phone for plan 1799 with a certain cashout of 4800 as far as i remember, but still under the same plan or some had upgraded to BEMSP which is more advantageous to us subscriber than the iphone forever which a certain allocation. that is one of the perks of recontracting. and the good thing is it is a Door to door delivery you dont need to file a leave for those who are working during the regular working hours 8-5 pm. what i stated above is only some of the perks of recontracting and please keep in mind that i am also a subscriber not a moderator of this site i can only share to you what i know and experienced. to better assist you you may call the retention/recontacting hotline 027301300. free of charge using your mobile postpaid. thanks have a great day ahead.

Jeian

Recontracting is the best. as it retains your plan

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 12:44 PM, mobilesavedesk <

angelmicx

mobilesavedesk Sorry I was confused and thought you were someone higher than GlennO on the Globe Ladder.

By the way sir, I want to clarify my current position in asking/posting my question.

1. Having read posts by subscribers here, I can conclude that most of the time "new line>better than recontracting".

2. Contact (Cellphone Number) based problems are almost non-existent to me since I use my 2nd line mainly for internet.
                          3. Phone offers according to posts by subcribers here, new lines have a wider range of choices compared to recontracting.

4. My plan is BEMSP so no rebate for me (unless what GlennO said about the memo including the BEMSP is real)

5. Door-to-door is delivery is not always an advantage (especially for me since my Permanent address is in Pampanga, My Current address in in Olongapo & my Work address somewhere in SBFZ that is very secluded) and picking it up at a GBC is better. [By the way I got my 3rd line at GBC Harbor Point Subic at 7pm and got the phone right then and there. I read that some  take a week to get a phone via delivery]

Anyway sir, I am very thankful for your reply. In summary (a) changing my phone number doesn't bother me, (b) GBC is better that Door-to-door in my case.

Jeian What do you mean by "It retains your plan"? Would that mean that I get to keep my Supersurf intead of switching forcibly to GoSurf?

angelmicx

Hi Sir/Madam mobilesavedesk  (you have an adrogynous name so I don't know how to address you ^_^)

Since you say you on the recontracting/retention dept, may I ask about the phone units for recontractors?

mobilesavedesk wrote:

also the the phone offers to recontracting as well as to the new line is the same. you dont need to go to GTBC to and wait for your turn you just need to call the hotline even you are at home, office and anywhere..

Kasi po, we are only given a limited choice (very limited, as in I was only told about iPhone4s & Samsung Galaxy Trend Lite/Tab3 Lite bundle ) of handset units and I would like to know (if it is possible) why.

As of what you have said above, phone offers are the same for new and recontracting pero if you search a little sa community na ito, there are may post that say very different ang phone offers for recontracting and new line.

I asked the agent (I called two days ago) and asked about the units available in which he said  iPhone4s & Samsung Galaxy Trend Lite/Tab3 Lite bundle. I asked if it was possible to get a phone/tablet bundle other than what he has stated even if it has a cash-out. He said it is possible so I told him that I want a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 + Samsung S Duos (600 PV/ month & Php 2,400 cash-out). But then he said that wasn't possible and offered me a Note2/Tab3 bundle which I do not like (because of the cash-out of 16,800 is too big for my budget). I checked the plan maker for BEMSP today (before I post this reply) and it was still being offered to new lines. (actually my 3rd line has this phone/tablet bundle as its unit)

So does that mean the agent I was talking to doesn't know that New Line & Recontractors have the same phone offers, or are they really different (which makes the unit choices a disadvantage and not a perk of Recontracting).

Hoping for your explaination po.. Thanks and God bless you..

RetentionWarrior .

phone offers for new line "PROMO" sometimes not applicable in recontracting especially if it is only a promo for a new line, and phone offered in recontracting as "Promo and exclusive" is sometimes not available in store but the regular handsets as in "Regular" offers are the same. agent gave you the phone available only on stock to avoid confusion but stocks were being replenished from time to time so you can still ask the agent if they have the offer of that specific phone and when will be the stocks available, if the stocks reaches "10 even it is being offered in the hotline agent wouldn't offer that phone anymore unless they seen in as on stock. "above 10".

1 of 1 people found this helpful