7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2014 8:45 PM by dave5uperman

Static IP

dave5uperman

Due to the way that Wimax works, I can not receive incoming connections properly. This is because my IP is shared with other users by Globe and I am assigned an internal IP for Globes network.

This prevents things like NAT Port Forwarding from working as I do not have an IP that is accessible on the internet.

Is there any possibility I can have a static IP assigned to me?

If so, how much will it cost and how do I order it?

Thanks

• Re: Static IP
          dave5uperman

The engineers arrived yesterday as we were having issues with pings to google spiking at over 3500ms and internet speed dropping to 0.02mbps.

After an hour, multiple tests and no resolution, the engineers informed us that there was nothing that they could do and the only solution was to wait until LTE was installed and the PAY to upgrade our account.

Quite disappointed as we are left with an internet connection that is unusable for 25% - 50% of the day and we are simply told that there is nothing Globe will do about it. We are only 2 weeks into a 24 month contract!

Jeian

Hi!
              Please advise this thread to one of our twitter team or tell them that the internet connection is unstable. Provide them with valid speedtest.net pictures and pings and ask them to make your account an LTE for free.

--

Please be advised that Static I.P is for business plan DSL with an additional cost of 699 ata.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  dave5uperman

Can I email them so I can include full diagnostics? Twitter is too short and I cant include full details.

I was really mis-sold wimax as I was never informed that it was mobile internet. Nor was I informed that I would get a Mobile phone. I was told I would get a landline, yet we have no landline installed.

If I had known this was mobile internet, I would never have ordered it as I know how unreliable it is. I was using a tattoo stick at the time and wanted a more stable connection which I told them when I ordered wimax.

How can I open a formal complaint about this? I am presently waiting for no fewer than 3 callbacks, which have not happened since the day we were told they would happen. I get the feeling that no one cares about these issues.

Salamat po

Jeian

Wimax is not a mobile internet but natted.

The phone is the landline.

Also, Wimax is signal dependent but you should make sure that you have

stable (even not fast) upon installation and after a few days you may call

for an onsite visit

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 4:34 PM, dave5uperman <

dave5uperman

When I checked, Huawei considered it to be mobile internet, internet connection over mobile connection. How else would we be connecting if not wired and it certainly isn't wifi. It does indeed seem to be natted but that can only work when making an outbound connection. Inbound connections have no idea where to go due to the IP address being shared.

No one came out to check the signal strength first, but the signal strength does seem to be pretty strong. The engineers claimed that the degradation in ping response time and speed was due to LTE being installed, which they claimed was being installed on the existing mobile network that we use for internet.

We have no landline installed at all. The landline number seems to be connected to the mobile phone they provided.

Jeian

Wimax and LTE have different routers, system and even I.P

While Mobile Internet or 2G, 3G and 3.5G(HSPA+) have the same network with LTE but different APN and gateways.

dave5uperman

Sadly, Globe have failed completely to address the formal complaint and so I will be requesting a disconnection and passing the complaint to the NTC.