4 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2014 2:02 PM by nielryaniii

data connecrion

nielryaniii

I topped up 1k last 22nd of May and registered to 30 daya unltd Data. It was fast.. I brag my internet connection to my friends via facebook that my Globe provider is reliable..

Apparently a few days after when my 5 days free facebook has expired i did not complain since i have 30 days internet.. And i was so happy to realise that the "Free Data" on the top of my app has gone! And unfortunately my internt slowed down as well.. I cant even play a video! I can only upload but i cant stream! I cant even send a message via fb messenger! I canr even log on on my instagram and wechat! I cant even skype! What is going on?

I change the apn settings.. Since i have guessed.. The free fb works with the APN: www.globe.com.ph, so i changed it and choose the one says http.globe.com.ph. Yet both of these doesnt fix my issue.. Ookla and metrics speedtest failed.. It cant even run a test via ookla.

Help pls.

• Re: data connecrion
          XyujinX

Have you already tried to some troubleshooting.

• Turn your device Off and On
          • Remove your Battery and SIM
          • Try to transfer you SIM to other phone and compare the internet speed

You may also check your Network mode or network type. By the way, are you using an iPhone or Android Phone?

You may also call the globe hotline (211 or 730-1000) so that they can inform you about the status of your location. If there is an ongoing network activity.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              nielryaniii

Everything is done.. They cant do anything.. They are suppose to refresh my signal nor reset my internet aetting on their end but Philippines doeant have any capabilities to do so. It is something to do with the APN setting provisioned on my set up account with them if they are not using ancient technology.

XyujinX

Youv'e mentioned that you have just edited the APN and now its http.globe.com.ph. That is the correct apn for smartphones. Hows your signal indicator? Do you have this H, H+, 3G or G,E signal..? Have you received any notification..? I think it would be better to call the hotline. I think, it has something to do with Globes Fair Use Policy..

nielryaniii

Not even close.. Ita been 3 days since my free fb has ended.. Basing on root metrics.. My dbm is -90 to -70 dbm download speed 1. Somethinh mbps at bumababa to .800+ mpbs while upload speed cant be run.. All different phones.. From lumia to 2 android phones.. They cant do anything.. Thougj ill try tomorrow.. Either hung up or long hold lang ginagawa sakin ng mga yan.. Tsk.. They cant do work arrounds