8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2014 3:13 PM by WILLfindways

Issues with account

dave5uperman

Hello, we had our internet / phone bundle installed on May 11th and have experienced a few issues.

Spam messages

Within minutes of the phone being connected, we received spam messages. Obviously these companies are sending out scam spam text messages randomly, but we received many of them every day. Surely globe can take action as the messages come from mobile numbers within the Philippines. Especially when Globe customers are suffering due to this.

The only suggestion that the agent made to us was to change our sim card, but this would do nothing as we started receiving the messages long before we even knew what our number was.

Internet

I have been trying to get some software to work which require ports to be open so that they can receive incoming connections. I could not get this to work with our connection and I couldnt even get the port to open. After a lot of troubleshooting I found that I do not have an IP that is available on the internet. My modem instead connects to the Globe network and Globe then use an IP for tens or hundreds (if not thousands) of customers at a time. This makes inbound connections impossible.

So, this is how the internet connection works: My PC (IP 192.168.254.100) >> Globe Modem IP 192.168.254.254) >> Globe Network (IP 10.5.61.245 >> Internet (IP 112.198.64.6).

This causes a multitude of problems. Firstly, I can not accept incoming connections. Secondly, due to the large number of users on the same IP address, I am constantly flagged as being infected as other users who use the same IP address are infected with malware which is performing huge volumes of searches on Google. This causes me to get repeatedly blocked from using google.

The IP that I am currently assigned is blacklisted on the following lists:

apnews.org - CASE: C-258 - Spambots, zombies, contaminated CIDR, bad reputation provider

cbl.abuseat.org - IP Address 112.198.64.6 is listed in the CBL. It appears to be infected with a spam sending trojan, proxy or some other form of botnet.

spamhaus.org/pbl/ - Spam and breach of Globe mail policy.

mailspike.net - Distributed Spam Wave

junkemailfilter.com - Sending Spam

All these blacklists should be managed by Globe to ensure their network is clean, especially when they are in breach of Globe Terms.

Sadly, the computers infected with malware will be trying to hack websites to infect them and in turn infect more users and no one is doing much at all about it. Hosts don't really care and the ISPs do very little as it is so hard to address. However, that being said, the ISPs should be monitoring the sending of spam to ensure that the IPs do not get blacklisted as this results in blocked access to some websites and services.

The end result is that I am frequently blocked from websites such as Google. My computer and everything in my house is fully protected. I have double checked everything after repeatedly seeing the error below, which is why I know the IP is blacklisted as shown above.

google.jpg

Is it possible to pay to get a static IP?

I know this may all seem negative and I wanted to say that the support we have received from Globe has been excellent. Issues we reported have been checked and passed to engineers who then call us to check the issue before coming out. This is much better than PLDT who we have been with for 4 years previously.

Why is my postpaid prepaid?

We were told that we were on postpaid and this is also stated on our invoice. However, the invoice is for a month in advance and the due date is before the month of usage ends. Why? If we are postpaid, we should be paying after usage and not before? I called billing, but they couldnt properly address the issue.

Package contents

The 999 plan claims to include 1mbps internet plus a landline. We have the internet, no landline was installed and you gave us a mobile phone. Why? This is not the stated contents that should be included.

Manager Callback

When we report issues, they are passed up the chain of command and we are told every time "a manager / supervisor will call you back within 24 hours" but we have never been called by a manager or supervisor. I tried emailing you and was sent an automated reply saying that I would receive a reply within 24 hours. No reply has been received. Why?

Thank you

• Re: Issues with account

Hi dave5uperman, great to see you here on Globe Community. I love how you clearly stated the concerns nicely

Regarding the spam messages, Globe is continuously strengthening our spam/scam campaigns. Recently we have already sued two companies and raised it to NTC for action. These spammers actually send their messages to a series of numbers (e.g. 09175180000 to 09175189999).

For your account-related concerns, have you tried raising it to the support groups? Thanks!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              dave5uperman

Yes, we have raised this to the support team who tell us one thing and the engineer tells us that the support staff do not know what they are talking about. We lodged a formal complaint, which has gone ignored and is due to be passed to the NTC. If Globe will not address the formal complaint, I am sure the NTC will.

dave5uperman

Do I seriously need to tell you how to do your job and setup the network configuration? If a number is sending the same text message to multiple numbers, it should be flagged, investigated and blocked. This could be setup to detect the same text message from different numbers and then also block them from the network.

That is how a servers firewall will work to block connections, but for txt messages it would be best to have the messages flagged and checked by a human. This is how my server is configured and I get ZERO spam as do all of my customers.

It is very sad that Globe has no interest in the quality of service for existing customers.

Paulo D

Hi dave5uperman!

Sent you a private message which you can view from the menu above.

Paulo D

Hi dave5uperman!

Sent you an update regarding your concern via PM.

WILLfindways

Hello, Fellow Wonderful Creatures.

Please allow me to share my words and wisdom.

Spam messages

Changing your SIM Card may or may not solve your problem. Spammers use random numbers to send their messages.  I am sure Globe is trying their best to solve this concern.  In the mean time, you may report the numbers of the spammers so they can something about it.

Your Postpaid Account is billed in advanced but you don't need to pay for it at the start of the billing cycle.  Even if you failed to pay it after the end of the billing cycle, there is a great chance that you may still enjoy the services of your account.  There are a lot of differences between a Postpaid and a Prepaid account. I am sure you can figure out them yourself.

Package contents

Your landline is the mobile phone given to you with the SIM Card with a landline number.  It doesn't need to be a landline with a physical telephone line.

Manager Callback

I guess you were given the standard spiels that the manager is in a meeting or all the supervisors are all engaged in a call several times. You are not alone. But definitely you deserve a call back from the Poncious Pilate who can help your with all you outstanding concerns.

Internet

I suggest you call again the hotline or maybe refer to the Private Message sent to you by our Creature Moderator.

Have a wonderful weekend!

#WeDeserveFarBetter

We accept the things we think we deserve.

- The Perks of Being WILL

dave5uperman

Spam messages

I understand the issue and we do have a lot of sim cards in various devices. If the spam is being sent to whole blocks of numbers, then it would effect all sim cards on all providers. That is not the case.

Here are our sim cards:
                        Sun: No spam EVER!

Smart: No spam EVER!

Globe Tattoo Dongle: No spam EVER!

Globe Mobile Phone: No spam EVER!

Globe Mobile Phone: No spam EVER!

Then we have the Globe Mobile Phone provided with our internet plan. We get a minimum of two spam messages every single day!

The sad case is that globe is not doing enough to prevent it. They could, but they dont.

"Your Postpaid Account is billed in advanced but you don't need to pay for it at the start of the billing cycle."

You can not bill a postpaid account in advance unless (as you pointed out) the service period billed ends before the payment is due. This is not the case. We were disconnected when we did not pay before the end of the service period as the due date is before the end of the service period. Globe staff confirmed to me that we did need to pay before the end of the service period as we were being billed a month in advance.

This is not postpaid by any stretch of the imagination. It is prepaid with a little segment postpaid at best.

Package contents

"Your landline is the mobile phone given to you with the SIM Card with a landline number.  It doesn't need to be a landline with a physical telephone line."

We never agreed to a contract for a mobile phone. We never ordered a mobile phone and were never informed that we would receive a mobile phone. That is fraudulent.

The "landline" should be a line. What we have is an inbound landline number. We do not have any landline and we can not make outgoing calls on any landline. Hence, we have no landline. All we have is an inbound landline number.

Seriously, if globe do not know the correct terminology, they shouldnt use it. Globe are a telecommunications company and they do not know the difference between Landline and Inbound Landline Number assigned to a mobile phone?

Globes own website states that a landline is included. NOWHERE does it state that it is only an inbound landline number.

Also, when we make a call, we are charged mobile rates, not landline rates and just to make it worse, we are charged around 7 pesos when we make a call and it is not answered!

Manager Callback

We have been waiting for a manager to call us back since before the installation which was in may. It is now july!

Internet

Already done it. They just do not care. They assign a ref number and nothing is done for most cases. When the engineer comes out he just tells us that there is nothing he can do about it and that the globe agent was lying to us and providing false information. His words, not mine.

I lodged a formal complaint with glove over one and a half months ago. They ignored all issues raised except the internet stability issue which they then informed me was closed and fixed when it was not. I replied countless times and my email is completely ignored. They dont reply.

I do not have the time to keep replying on here. The formal complaint was the last chance for them to address the issues. Now we will send the formal complaint to the NTC as globe should have addressed the complaint. The fact that they did not shows to me that they do not care at all. Why else would they ignore a formal complaint and make no attempts to address the issues raised, then ignore follow up requests?

Thank you everyone for your assistance, but I refuse to stay with a company who acts in this fashion. It is unlawful and entirely unacceptable.