3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2014 10:40 AM by neilph

Replacement of iphone 5s

natsipie

I have surrendered my newly iphone 5s from a re-contracting since January 17 pa and the globe representative told me that it will be returned by globe to apple and it will only last for a maximum of 2 months.  I reacted and asked them why was it that too long and why was it not replaced agad because my unit was shutdown at exactly 1 week after it was given to me.  They told me that apple has no replacement warranty unlike samsung that they have one week replacement policy.  The worst thing is that until today i still dont have my unit replacement and no status update from globe mismo.  It is very much disappointed.

• Re: Replacement of iphone 5s
          neilph

natsipie Globe usually ships defective iPhones to Singapore which really takes a while. Apple has a standard 90-day warranty from date of purchase and your unit is actually covered. At this point, what you can do now is really to wait and try to follow up with Globe from time to time. It's sad though that Globe didn't honor the 7-day replacement policy.

Even when it is already moot and academic, I would like you to know that we have authorized Apple service centers here (Power Mac, Beyond The Box) and they could have taken a look at your unit for free as long as it is within the warranty by Apple.

natsipie

neilph if Apple has a standard 90 day warranty from date of purchase my unit should have been replaced.  Globe SM Taytay told me that Apple dont have 7 day replacement and the unit should not be brougght to any Apple service center because Globe should be the one to surrender the unit for replacement.  The unit is now nearing to 5months surrendered to Globe and no update of the unit if replaceble pa ba....

neilph

natsipie as I've said, we could not go back in time and demand.  What you could do now is really to make consistent follow-ups with Globe.  Your unit I think has been sent back to Apple Singapore and that is just a matter of a follow-up.  If you have all the docs with you, demand from Globe SM Taytay since 5-months is really long.

Addtl FYI:  The 90-day warranty is a complimentary telephone support from Apple but the hardware is under 1-year limited warranty which you could read here >>> Apple - Legal