8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2014 5:51 PM by vigilante888

Tattoo home DSL plan Up to 7Mbps =  Php2,499?

vigilante888

Why Tattoo home DSL plan Up to 7Mbps - Php2,499 and not 8Mbps when its actual speed often doesnt reach the applied max speed or simply losses about half of 1Mbps of applied speed of the plan?

• Re: Tattoo home DSL plan Up to 7Mbps =  Php2,499?
          Jeian

Hi. It is because of the globe technicians having problem. Kasi they have prioriy accounts din (which is bad) but you should get the speed when off-peak hours

• Re: Tattoo home DSL plan Up to 7Mbps =  Php2,499?
              vigilante888

Kasi they have prioriy accounts din (which is bad) --- what do u mean by that? platinum accounts?

but you should get the speed when off-peak hours---sometimes its not practical at all times to go online during off peak just to get subscribed speed.

based on my experience on peak hours is not mainly reson for speed slow down, i guess theres somethin fishy goin on specially on 5Mbps- up accounts? b4 my dsl plan were up to 3Mbps the spdtst result shows 2.8-3.01 Mbps but when i upgraded to 5Mbps the initial speedtst for activation were 4.8Mbps but after a week 4.1-4.4Mbps d following week to on going days there were times when i conducted randon test due to hearsay globe dsl speed issues --speedtest resulted to cannot reach to 2Mbps then sometimes about 2.5Mbps and about 3.2Mbps yon madalas ang mga reading,  halos papalit palit lng on that speed kaya im always suki of hotline and globe chat. paulit- ulit siyang bumabalik sa problema mag rerequest ang tech'n for that kind of job order  nang reset of port tapos gaganda ang palo ng speed aakyat sa 4.2-4.3 siempre acceptable sya based on their reference tapos mamaya babalik ang problem umikot lang sya sa ganon sistema. virus/malware and third party devices is their suspects but its not  i felt parang dalawa kaming online sa iisang account/mac address feeling lng naman  pero in d end sa pangungulit ko medyo ok na ang laro ng palo ng speed 4.1-4.4Mbps. tinitest ko gamit ang smart canopy ko and results showed stable speed 1.4-1.6Mbps.

and last mas practical to apply another internet only plan 999 3Mbps or 999 Ultera kaysa i upgrade ang globe dsl sa up to 7Mbps na posibleng pumalo lamang on 6.2-6.4Mbps.

globe dsl up to 7 Mbps=2499 that will reach about 6.5 Mbps vs globe dsl up to 5Mbps-1599+Smart ultera up to 3Mbps-999=2598 better of more or  less 1Mbps  with only 100php difference..