24 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2014 11:30 AM by f0xG3

"Monthly Mobile Internet Access until June 30, 2014*"  What does that mean?

kingbersalona

Hi, I'm currently using Tattoo LTE Mobile Wifi Postpaid plan 1299.  On the globe website, the promo for this plan states: "Monthly Mobile Internet Access until June 30, 2014*"  I don't get that part. What does that mean?

• Re: "Monthly Mobile Internet Access until June 30, 2014*"  What does that mean?
          Paulo D

Hi kingbersalona!

The "Monthly Mobile Internet Access until..." refers to the promo period. Promo has been extended until September 30, 2014. You may refer to http://tattoo.globe.com.ph/product/lte#postpaid for more info.

• Re: "Monthly Mobile Internet Access until June 30, 2014*"  What does that mean?
            kingbersalona

Hi paulos.  Thanks for the response.  I have another Globe postpaid account on my mobile phone.  It has GoSurf 999 on top of the "My Best Ever Super Plan" which I got for 399 per month.  I have no complaints whatsoever, but what's weird is that I have WAY exceeded my GB allocation (it's now at 56.6 GB based on my device and I'm still within the current billing period) BUT I'm still able to browse /download in hi-speeds.  Is GoSurf also included in the promo?  On the Gosurf website it says that once I've reached 1500, I'll have anti-bill shock cap and won't experience slower speeds.  Cool feature but makes me think, if that's the case, subscribers will just settle for plan 999 and wait to get bill capped at 1500 instead of purchasing higher plans (1799 and 2499), which bill caps at 3000. In summary, again 2 questions:

1.  Why am I still able to browse/download in high speeds, when I am WAY beyond my bill cap/ recommended usage?

2.  What's the point of having higher-priced plans when the internet speeds at 999 does not slow down according to the website?  THANKS IN ADVANCE PAULO and GLOBE !!!!

angelmicx

Well the "No Trottling" Anti-bill Shock scheme seems to defeat the purpose of their ammended FUP so sooner or later that would be revised.

zyper95 I too stayed at Supersurf after my renewal. Afterall it is safe in there, I'm still basically unlimited (2g) so its good enough for me. ^_^

f0xG3

Hmm this is an interesting progress... but given I own a separate SmartBro line, it isn't an issue for me XD.

<Begin Theory>

I dunno but while this definitely defeats their FUP (I think the uninitiated will only fall to the FUP by book, or at least being stubborn enough to stick with UnliSurf), I think they somehow are going toe-to-toe with Smart's terms.

Smart implements an FUP by paper. However, by subscribing to their Unli LTE 50, 299 or 999, you basically pay more for internet without a cap and they made it explicitly so (Value Added Service aka Promos are exempt from FUP). Plus this applies to their Prepaid lines too.

Globe on the other hand, limits their Prepaid subscribers to 800MB /day by FUP (unless Quota-Based) but for Postpaid GoSurf (which probably they profit from more), you are adding something up to P1500 or P3000 for internet seemingly without a cap. This at least guarantees them that the will get those two amounts from data-hungry subscribers.

My theory is that they probably would want a pay-per-usage based for internet e.g. P2 per MB) but seeing the other camp didn't really implement it (e.g. LTE Plans are quota-based from Smart but you can subscribe to the Unli LTE promos, nullifying the need for quota) they just decided to introduce an Anti-Bill shock so that at least they can get more than just P999 for unlimited surfing... which defeats FUP on both sides.

Again just my two cents

<End Theory>