Very strange! By the time I went to bed last night, everything was working normally with no unusual delays. A google search returned the result in less than a second. However, this morning my connection has returned to being very slow again.
What is the problem here?
It could be a problem with the tower or the CELL ID you were connected with. Call the hotline and tell you expirience time-based slow browsing
Well, I reported the problem to Globe and received a Case Id #, forwarded to the support group, but nothing has changed and I've had no meaningful response other that reboot my device!
I think that it's simply a fact that this Globe GoSurf plan will never give good performance, and I think that it's all to do with:
1) the connection is handled through a nat service, hence the IP address I'm assigned is a private address: 10.x.x.x.
2) Globe dns servers supply proxy server addresses for some sites (eg www.google.com.ph).
3) Globe block dns requests to dns servers outside of their own network, so I cannot use any public DNS server.
4) The Globe dns servers cannot handle a reverse dns lookup for any site which is proxied, returning a SERVFAIL status. This results in delays due to 10 second timeouts.
5) Ping and (some?) browsers perform reverse dns lookups as part of their normal operation. This results in each ping taking ten seconds to process and Google searches to take up to 30 seconds to display results.
I have reverted to my original 2Mb adsl connection and everything is working well again (no change within my own LAN configuration, other than changing router), just that large downloads run much slower.
I have attempted to cancel my GoSurf 999 registration by texting GOSURF 999 STOP to 8888. The response is "Sorry, we cannot process your GoSurf request at this time. Please try again later". Needless to say, I've tried to cancel many times, with no success.
Ah well, I paid Php1000 when I subscribed - Globe will have to think again if they expect me to pay them any more!
All I can say is that the Globe LTE service sucks big time!
I AGREE ON THIS...they really SUCK....! Same here..i always complaint on them with my problem but even them THEY CAN'T FIX the PROBLEM!....They REALLY SUCK...Maybe they will give Action on Our complaint if We have someone who can bring this issues on TV...Maybe ON TULFO